DEFECTOR Incoming!!! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 7:15 am Thread Starter

DEFECTOR Incoming!!!

Hello everyone from Sunny (for once) England!!

I have defected to this site because I have now become sick of the egotistical and self-serving attitude of the owner of a particular site based in the States. He promotes services and goods based on whether he gets them free of charge.

I have never experienced such biased and retarded reporting. He is supposedly a journalist, but a dead snail has more journalistic ability. If you make a helpful suggestion, he won't consider it if it's not his idea. This man is an egotistical minnow and I'm sick of it. He is not an authority on anything other than his own limited intellect. I watched a video review of a bike and it was laughable with no information and stunted and unintelligible comments.

Therefore I pledge allegiance to your forum and I will listen to your members (who aren't the problem on the other site) for my advice. I got no useful advice from the owner of the other site, only a telling off for requesting a sticky on what was an excellent idea. If you contradict an opinion of his, woe betide you! He was promoting a particular American manufacturer of cleaning and wax products on his site and I mentioned that the best thing to clean wheels with was Pledge. I then got a load of BS about it leaving a film and damaging bikes, despite the fact that Autoglym now produce an unfragranced version.

I know I sound like a sulking kid, but I have been looking at your site and there is no sign of owner ego! Well done, and thank you for offering a useful and informative refuge to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 8:34 am
Veteran

You know you are not telling the truth ---- it's not sunny in England. :-)

Welcome to the site MadPete.

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 9:48 am Thread Starter

How did you know? Just as I said it was sunny, the bloody sun did a runner and it's now overcast! Oh well, summer lasted 45minutes this year. Roll on global warming, who cares if East Anglia falls into the sea? It just means I won't have to travel for an hour to get to the coast, it'll be on my front door!

Thanks for the welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 10:03 am
hdf
Maestro de Turismo

Got the generalissimo blues I see.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 11:05 am
Will ride for picts

Sounds like Shiva pissed off another enthusiast. Hate seeing his articles in BMW MOA. Totally biased.

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 12:43 pm Thread Starter

How did you know who I was describing? LOL!!!! Do you mean the Twatissimo? I gather he has upset others then?

What I suggested was that recalls be sectioned into the main categories of engine, brakes, etc. However, this site has better organisation with the similar threads feature so it's not so crucial. On the "other" site it's so disorganised that the same things get talked about all the time and there is no way of knowing what the thread contents were without opening every thread.

Recalls are so important because some dealers for some strange reason refuse to do them unless you get notification from BMW. That's fine, but I moved and I assumed the dealer had told BMW UK, but they hadn't. So the forums are crucial to me. Of course, I have updated BMW UK, now, and I have a good dealer who does stuff when I ask him. I have even had a brand new clutch for the juddering and grinding clutch on take up, so I can't complain about my dealer.

The site ran by Twatissimo is an extension of his puny brain. He didn't think of it, so he drops it. I wanted people to read it, so I wrote "IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ Idea to Help Recalls." He removed the "Important, please read" because he hates support for ideas or anything that is remotely critical.

You keep getting stupid threads saying things like "What are a great pair of summer boots?" and it's always the same. He pushes his opinion because he's not paying for his kit like everyone else. I have a Streetguard 2 suit, but it doesn't have the nice features that my Spidi Gran Turisimo suit, but it has better base features, like being Waterproof! I only bought that suit because I couldn't afford a topline Rukka. Of course, according to Shita Rukkas are rubbish, BMW Comfortshell is the best. Similarly, BMW gloves are the best, as are their boots, as are Sargent seats. I know for a fact he got the seat on a freebie because I know who he sold it to.

I want unbiased opinions and chairman style leadership from my forum owner, not sycophantic, blind, self-serving opinions from a journalistic pygmy! My observations of this forum have proved that this is a well run and unbiased (by the owner) forum. Well done! Keep this up and more people when they realise what Shita is really like.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 3:08 pm
hdf
Maestro de Turismo

There is a very long list of generalissimo burnouts. I've had my rows with him- last one being on the Comfort Shell suit review. He finally had to wiggle his way out the back door (but never admit he was wrong) when I put forward comments directly from BMW that supported my position - he couldn't well go against the mothership, now could he?

I still participate on that forum from time to time trying to provide useful information on limited subjects, but his leadership style leaves a lot to be desired. This site and i-bmw.com are both much more to my liking and you are not likely to run into the same type of "management" issues.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 3:14 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhhall
Sounds like Shiva pissed off another enthusiast. Hate seeing his articles in BMW MOA. Totally biased.

That was my first guess too....
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 3:23 pm
Strafist

Good idea's are welcome. AND, we're always looking for stuff to put in the Hall of Wisdom (top bar, look to the right, click Technical and then HoW).

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 3:59 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Good idea's are welcome. AND, we're always looking for stuff to put in the Hall of Wisdom (top bar, look to the right, click Technical and then HoW).

Crap! He came over for me jokes!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode