18 wheelers... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2008, 11:56 am Thread Starter

Arrow 18 wheelers...

So i'm bombing home yesterday morning from my Ottawa trip, passing pretty well everything in sight .... we've got excellent 4 lane highway in New Brunswick and the limit is 110 KPH

Anyway, i come up behind this 18 wheeler (light rainshower and a bit foggy) anyway i thought i saw a car close in front of him.....I was all set to give er when the semi driver flashes his back up lights .... Had i passed i would have taken the car as well....so i held fire on the pass Sure enough after a couple of miles i could clearly see the car was an RCMP Highway Patrol cruiser.....

A big thank you to the semi driver because, had i made that pass i would have blown the Cruiser away as well

I can only imagine coppers pray for a pinch like that...

The patrol car moved on and when i finally passed the rig I gave the driver a big wave, he laid on the air horn toot, toot.....

So Buddy a big thanks to you on that one, i'll bet he is a biker in his off time

Regards; Dave
1987 K-100 RS
One life, live it........!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2008, 4:57 pm
Enthusiast

Very cool!

Ed
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2008, 5:16 pm
Veteran

That was nice of him!

Makes me feel sort of low for waving tailgaters around me when I see a cop ahead or know of one's hiding spot. So what if they stomp the gas and cross the double-yellow.

Works nicely with a radar detector too.

Mack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2008, 6:58 pm Thread Starter

Arrow ha! ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
That was nice of him!

Makes me feel sort of low for waving tailgaters around me when I see a cop ahead or know of one's hiding spot. So what if they stomp the gas and cross the double-yellow.

Works nicely with a radar detector too.

Mack
I can appreciate that one..... cage tailgaters are an absolute menace, they deserve whatever rough justice they get...

The irony is, that we can blast off and leave them in our dust only to be nailed ourselves for speeding

I usually jump in the right lane and let them move on , only to deal with them a little later down the road..... A sneak attack at 100 mph seems to humble them.....

I notice Bimmer and Volvo drivers seem to be the offenders......my bike has a 6th sense and hates both of those marques

Regards; Dave
1987 K-100 RS
One life, live it........!

Last edited by OldGeezer; Jul 24th, 2008 at 7:04 pm.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2008, 9:07 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGeezer
I notice Bimmer and Volvo drivers seem to be the offenders......my bike has a 6th sense and hates both of those marques
Mine tends to avoid any vehicle where the driver looks "Through" the steering wheel rather than "Over the top" of it.

I never knew AARP sold ape-hanger steering wheels?

Mack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode