NOMAR Pro - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2008, 7:26 pm Thread Starter

NOMAR Pro

so I'm thinking about buying the NOMAR Pro and was wondering if anyone else on here has one or has experience with one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2008, 7:36 pm
Enthusiast

I have a Nomar classic. Works great. If you have the money I imagine the PRO is even better.

El Barto
Ride fast.......Get there before the accident!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2008, 9:50 am
Addict

I've got the 'middle' one, can't remember if it is the pro but its one up from the classic. I bought the package deal.

I like it. Although I have to say, when your mounting stiffer or bigger tires its more difficult to keep the wheel from spinnng while your using the bar. more practice and careful application of lube in the right place helps a lot. Leaving the tires in the hot AZ sun helps even more and precludes the use of the spoons sometimes.

typically, i use the giant (goldwing) spoons to mount the rear tire on the KS and also the LTC, its just easier. makes you wonder why you'd buy the whole setup when your using spoons anyways but i use the full anti for front tire mounting. Removing the tires is no problema on the machine no matter what tires are on.

I can change a front tire in minutes, rear takes a bit longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2008, 9:33 am

re:

i am not sure but great thinking
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2008, 9:37 pm

I've got a No Mar. Not the pro but I find the more I use it the better I get at it.

I have a bunch of friends that ride. We've had two "Tire Changing Parties" at my house. I've done 7 in one day during one of those parties. One rear mounted backwards (owner insisted it was right at the time). I fixed it for him.

I don't charge friends for this but I have already gotten my money back on my own tires. My dealer wants $50 for a ride in tire change. If a pipe is in the way add another $15. Pretty steep. At $50 per tire I had my money back in less than one year since I have multiple bikes and I run softer compound tires.

I have had problems with the tire slipping in the changer too. Make sure you keep the opposite side of the tire from the bar all the way in the relief valley. I just stop moving the bar a press the tire back in place and it really helps.

These things are a great deal and No Mar will work with you to build a purchase package if you already have some of the components (like the bar).

It' great to be able to change your own tires - on your time schedule. I always seem to need a change NOW. Like getting ready for a track day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode