I found my second bike - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2008, 7:47 pm Thread Starter

I found my second bike

Rowdy, raspy, raw. I'm talking about the Hypermotard 1100 S, which is Ducati's answer to several questions not asked in polite company, like, "besides having sex with a supermodel, what would you most like to be doing right now?" The 'tard is the keg party of the motorcycle world, and, man is it fun. The riding position is amazing, you feel like you can reach forward and touch the pavement... there's nothing, and I mean nothing on the the front-end of this bike. And the handlebars are big, tubular dirt bike bars, with tons of leverage. In fact, the bike felt like nothing so much as a lightweight dirt bike loaded with a monster engine and running street rubber.

Would I want one as my only motorcycle? Hell no. The Hypermotard makes my KR Sport look minivan-practical. But it also makes my KR Sport feel unemotional, cold... a robotic speed machine that's agreed to transport you from A to B at insane speeds, but without much conversation along the way. Before you blast me, and I love my KR as much as the next guy, ride the Hypermotard and then post.

Put another way, the KR forum has a thread on wheelie techniques, with back-and-forth between guys debating clutch dumping versus body weight shifting and throttle roll-on. You'd never see that thread in a Hypermotard forum, but you might see one on tips for keeping the front-end down.

I've found my second bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2008, 11:40 pm

it's a stunning bike... i can only imagine what it feels like on the road... i love the lines and the naked front end looks menacing... that exhaust is gorgeous... think you could fit it to the KR? haha.. ok ya I'm jealous.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2008, 12:38 am

It's an incredible bike. I like everything about it but I couldnt imagine riding it for more than an hour. It's really too bad those hand guards are about $1400 with the signals and mirrors they'd be cool on an R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2008, 1:20 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddACimer
...It's really too bad those hand guards are about $1400 with the signals and mirrors...
Good Lord! I thought the BMW had some pricey plastic.

Must be because there is less plastic on the Ducati so they make up for it on the grip covers and mirrors.

Mack
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2008, 1:49 am

Oh hell yeah I want one too. After seeing this... might need to order rear tires in bulk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXyV8JUj8m0

2007 K1200R Sport
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2008, 8:12 am Thread Starter

Great video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes
Oh hell yeah I want one too. After seeing this... might need to order rear tires in bulk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXyV8JUj8m0
Thanks for the video link... even if I never could (or would) ride like that, it's cool to know the bike handles like that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode