Hello, new BMW owner here! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 2008, 12:09 am Thread Starter
Noob

Hello, new BMW owner here!

I just wanted to stop by and say hello, fore tomorrow I will have a K1200R. The story is as follows: I have been looking for an upgrade for my '07 Ducati 695 Monster and I had been almost everywhere and looked at many different bikes. I was searching for something more comfortable with more power. There is a BMW dealer less then a mile away from my house, but I had never stopped in thinking that the cost would be too high for what I was willing to pay. But I raised off my duff and rode over there. I was drawn to a K1200R sitting in the showroom. The employee began to tell me the story of someone who purchased one and it had too much power for them and they were trying to sell it for, what I thought, was a pretty good price. So I asked "oh is he still trying to sell it?" The employee responded with "it's this one right here." I was taken a bit aback because I thought it was a brand new showroom condition bike, because that is how it looked. We began to talk about the bike and he began to tell me a little bit more about it. It was loaded with many options. It was an '06 with only 1600 miles on it, which is less then I have put on my Ducati in 9 months. Then came the price, apparently the bike was on consignment and the owner really wanted it to move. So when he told me "10,000" I thought that I had to jump and that and take advantage of the deal. So I did, and tomorrow I'll have a K1200R sitting in my garage.

~Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 2008, 1:34 am
Veteran

congrats, lucky man the best bmw ever made.

06 K1200R,76 Yamaha RD400 VOID 7/08 ,03 Kawi ZX-6R VOID 10/10/06, 94 Suzuki GSXR-750 VOID, 85 Yamaha FJ1100 VOID
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 2008, 8:30 am
Enthusiast

Enjoy!

I think you'll notice that additional 100 hp pretty quickly.

Mike

2011 T100 Bonneville Black
06 Black Griso
06 Yellow KR - SOLD
02 Z-Rex (Green of course)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2008, 4:42 pm
Enthusiast

Hello

Hello and welcome to the board. Congratulations on your new K bike. I am sure you will love it. My first Beemer was a '93 K1100RS which I rode for 11 years and 68K wonderful miles. Enjoy and ride safe.

'05 R1200RT, Ruby, as in RED, (current garage queen)
'04 R1150RT, '99 Ducati 748 BiPosto, '93 Seca II, '93 K1100RS, '83 Yamaha Maxim 750,
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2008, 2:17 pm
Rookie

Congratulations and welcome to forum.... you'll enjoy the power

"If I can't smoke cigars in heaven then I won't go"
"Improvise, Adapt and Overcome"
"No one said it would be a rose garden"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2008, 7:42 pm
Noob

Enjoy the new beemer and welcome to the family.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2008, 7:01 pm
Rookie

Hi Dan - This is Robin, the bikeguy

I'm a nooby too. Just got my first BMW, a K1200S 2006 with about 14,000 miles on it for about $12,000. The K1200R - that is a nice one too. You are in the same frame of mind that I am - you like to get going.

I actually was looking at the R myself but I like the full fairing on the K1200S. I've been learning all kinds of information about BMWs - the good and bad. The bad stuff can really scare the hell out of you but you just have to talk to the right people.

I turned in a Kawi 2005 ZZR1200. Really liked that bike allot but the K12S is lighter and quicker and has more options. I'm looking at maybe getting the GT. I have a 2008 Special Edition ZX14 and a ST Honda 1300 with ABS 2006. The Honda is the one I'd probably trade in for the GT but as you can see the K12S and the ZX14 -- well, those are "get it on" bikes, especially the ZX14. That one is just for me but the K12S and the Honda are for my wife and me. She does ride on the back of the ZX14 but not too thrilled about it, which I understand completely.

So, welcome! Talk to you later.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Noob

New K series owner

Hello folks bmwriders from Athens in Greece.

After 20 years (I am 45 years old)in BMW family with GS a few days ago I bought my first K12GT / 08. I have made only 400km for the time being and I hope to spend all my free time on it.

Gentlemen its true I am in love and I believe that I need to learn more about this excellence motorbike from your experience.

Thanks in advance from your hospitality & Rgds all of you.

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode