Tim Johnson, San Jose BMW - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 11:51 pm Thread Starter
2 heads are better than 1

Tim Johnson, San Jose BMW

Tim Johnson, the Sales Manager at San Jose BMW, was killed in an accident in Nevada over the weekend. He was riding to Bonneville to support Chris and the crew on their speed runs. While on a 2 lane highway somewhere in the state a woman in an oncoming car lost control of her vehicle and swerved into his lane, hitting him head-on.

Tim was a long time rider and had been involved in motorsports for a long time. He had ridden over 700,000 miles since the late 60's, and held a 300,000 mile award from BMW he accumulated over the past couple of decades. I had bought 3 bikes from him and sent a number of other folks his way for sales because he was a very fair and honest guy and easy to deal with. More importantly, he was a great guy who was easy and fun to talk with, knew a lot about bikes, and truly embodied the passionate rider. I am proud and honored to have known him and call him a friend.

There will be a memorial service for Tim in the Willow Glen neighborhod in San Jose this Saturday morning. You can contact San Jose BMW for more information on time and location. I don't know how many folks here frequent the shop or knew Tim, but he was definitely one of the good guys so I wanted to get the word out in case folks want to come pay their respects.

Here's a link to Tim's website - http://www.tjadventour.com/

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 BMW R1200RT Polar Metallic
2008 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S Red (of course)

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2008, 12:37 am
JCW
contributor

Very sad.

Wonderful site.

Hope to live a life as full as his.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2008, 4:19 pm Thread Starter
2 heads are better than 1

I got the information on the memorial service for anyone who may want to attend. Details are below -

Anyone interested in riding from San Jose BMW to the service should show up at the the shop before 9:30am. Thanks

Pete Hunter
Service Manager
San Jose BMW/ Vespa
[email protected]
408-295-0205 x19

Hello Everyone,

This Saturday, September 6th, there will be a memorial service for Tim Johnson in Willow Glenn. Please invite anyone that knew Tim, as we do not have everyone's contact info. We hope that everyone that knew him will come and celebrate his life.

The memorial will be held at the Lima Family Erickson Memorial Chapel

710 Willow St.
San Jose, CA 95125
Phone: 408-295-5160

We expect the memorial to be at 10am.... When we have a finalized time we will notify everyone.

Tim built a website about his life the last few years. http://www.tjadventour.com/. He wanted to share all of his adventures and stories with his friends. Please take a look and see what made Tim so special to all of us.

The Johnson Family,

Debbie Johnson
Casey Johnson
Andy Johnson -

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 BMW R1200RT Polar Metallic
2008 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S Red (of course)

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2008, 4:25 pm
Addict

I don't know Tim but thats a serious bummer when things are out of your control even when your in control, considering his extensive riding experience.

Sending best wishes to his family and friends from the southwest sector...geo
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2008, 4:35 pm
Addict

What a tragedy. Our prayers are with Tim's family and friends.

Deb and Dean Sauer
Golden, CO

The cure for boredom is riding motorcycles, and there is no cure for riding motorcycles...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2008, 5:06 pm
Will ride for picts

My heartfelt condolences.

This hits close to home, as I'm riding back to Minden on Saturday, likely on some of the same roads.

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2008, 6:13 pm
Enthusiast

What I read was Tim was heading east on 50 when a lady in a Subaru "lost control" and crossed the DYL and hit him head on.

Tim sold my bike to me and I saw him every time I go to SJBMW. He was always friendly and helpful.

My sincerest condolences, thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends for this tragic loss. RIP Tim.

John
2006 K1200S "Bumble Bee" Leo Vince Evo2 Ti can, Pazzo shorty's black/gold, Rizoma rearsets, grip puppies, MRA Vario screen, Sandbar Composites "dog bones", RhinoMoto ft axle, barend, swing arm sliders, GSG body sliders, snorkles out, Corbin w/pillion back rest, chrome reverse muffler bearings, hone extruded hyper dirve,
If you can't run with the big dogs.... stay on the porch.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2008, 8:50 pm
Strafist

Indeed a tragedy.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2008, 11:27 pm
Noob

My condolences and best wishes to his family.

Phil
K100LT
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2008, 1:48 am

Tim sold me my bike also. No matter what he was doing or how many customers he had, he would always stop and ask me how the bike was when I would come in. What a terrible loss. I think that he was also the webmaster for the SJ race team.

My very deepest sympathy to his family and close friends. I'll think of him often as I rock the GT that he put me on.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TimHPaug08.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	8900  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode