Introduction - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2008, 9:39 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Introduction

Hello this is Bikeguy. My name is Robin. I want to introduce myself to the group here. I just picked up a K1200S 2006 with 14,000 miles on it in silver 2 weeks ago. I'm very happy with the bike and looking forward to hooking up and meeting some great people here.

I've been riding for most of my life and I've been married for over 30 years to the same woman who shares my same hobbies and desires.

I am a member of a few other bike groups - ZZRBikes.com, Concours Owners Group (COG) and the Honda ST Owners group. The bikes that I have right now are:

2008 Special Edition ZX14
2006 Honda ST1300 with ABS
2006 BMW K1200S

Hope to ride and hook up with people here in southern California and share riding experiences and information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2008, 6:58 pm
Rookie

Welcome to the forum Robin you'll enjoy and get lots from this board. What area are you from San Diego? I'm from Oceanside, but left there in 96 for Oregon and now in the UK.

"If I can't smoke cigars in heaven then I won't go"
"Improvise, Adapt and Overcome"
"No one said it would be a rose garden"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2008, 6:24 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Hi Alex - this is Robin the BikeGuy

Sorry for not getting back. I can only do this on the weekends.

So, Oceanside, that is a big change. We live in Mira Mesa. The riding here is just fantastic.

I'm real happy with the K12S. It is really nice. I'm flat footed on the ground and the bike runs real smooth.

So, 1st Sgt. huh? I was in the Army back in the early 70's. I was in heavy artillery - a gunner on a 8" self propelled. But I've shot them all. Was stationed overseas in Germany on the Czech border. But that was many, many moons ago.

Take it easy -- talk to you later Top (that is what we call our 1st Sgts. in the Army).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2008, 10:15 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeguy
Hi Alex - this is Robin the BikeGuy

Sorry for not getting back. I can only do this on the weekends.

So, Oceanside, that is a big change. We live in Mira Mesa. The riding here is just fantastic.

I'm real happy with the K12S. It is really nice. I'm flat footed on the ground and the bike runs real smooth.

So, 1st Sgt. huh? I was in the Army back in the early 70's. I was in heavy artillery - a gunner on a 8" self propelled. But I've shot them all. Was stationed overseas in Germany on the Czech border. But that was many, many moons ago.

Take it easy -- talk to you later Top (that is what we call our 1st Sgts. in the Army).
Hi Robin,

Welcome to K-Bikes.com!

I live in OC, which is not that far from you. I ride a GT mostly on daily commutes, but I am planning some longer trips, too. Enjoy your S!

BTW, Irv Seaver BMW in Orange is having their Open House next weekend, if you are looking for a place to ride that new K1200S. See:

http://www.irvseaverbmw.com/custompage.asp?pg=whatsnew.

Cheers,

XMR
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2008, 11:05 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

X MagnaRider -

This is Robin, the bikeguy

I tried to find your name on your profile but it isn't listed. I'm in Orange County during the week and then I go home on the weekends to beautiful San Diego where the best riding in the whole world is at.

Would like to hook up with you some day and show you some roads in San Diego. Here in Orange County there isn't too much -- Ortega, Santiago Canyon -- that is about it.

We really are spoiled in San Diego. We have so many beautiful roads. I meet lots of people from Orange County who are in San Diego. It is the place to be---man...

Take care.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2008, 7:25 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeguy
X MagnaRider -

This is Robin, the bikeguy

I tried to find your name on your profile but it isn't listed. I'm in Orange County during the week and then I go home on the weekends to beautiful San Diego where the best riding in the whole world is at.

Would like to hook up with you some day and show you some roads in San Diego. Here in Orange County there isn't too much -- Ortega, Santiago Canyon -- that is about it.

We really are spoiled in San Diego. We have so many beautiful roads. I meet lots of people from Orange County who are in San Diego. It is the place to be---man...

Take care.
Hi Robin,

True enough about those beautiful San Diego roads.

There are a lot of other OC riders on these forums, too. Look in the Southern California or Southwest forums on this site (k-bikes.com) and on bmwlt.com (run by the same people as k-bikes.com). You might also want to check out i-bmw.com (not affiliated). Every once in a while, someone posts an RTE.

Even though I have to settle for those OC freeways in traffic most days, a ride on my GT surely beats a drive anywhere in a cage. I may be incognito on these forums, but since you asked, I sent a PM revealing my true identity.

P.S. Which is more fun to ride, your K1200S, or the Bat-Cycle?

Cheers...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode