Ticket doing 147! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2008, 9:51 pm Thread Starter

Ticket doing 147!

Ok, so 147 Kph, but still that's about 92mph. What I found so delightful was how nice the Canadian Mountie was that gave it to me. He introduced himself by full name, stated the speed limit of 110Kph, described his "fudge factor" of 15-20 Kph, and almost apologetically said he "had" to give me a ticket because I was way above the "fudge factor". This is a ticket I will pay with a smile! There's no chance of the violation going on my driving record in the states, anyone know?

2007 K1200R Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2008, 1:33 am
Enthusiast

Speeding

I don't know for sure but I would bet being in another country will take you off the hook so to speak. I speak with 100% surety that if you get a ticket in a National Park (ie. Angeles Nat. Forest, Yosemite, Yellowstone, etc.) where you are on federal land it will not hit your insurance. Make darn sure you pay the fine before it is due and you will have no worries. Don't ask me how I know this. This was told to me directly by the ranger who, uh, stopped me. So a word to the wise would be to speed only on Federal land.

'05 R1200RT, Ruby, as in RED, (current garage queen)
'04 R1150RT, '99 Ducati 748 BiPosto, '93 Seca II, '93 K1100RS, '83 Yamaha Maxim 750,
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2008, 3:27 am
Veteran

I have a friend that managed to get 3 tickets in a week while touring. one in nevada, one from a fed in a national park and 1 in Cali. only the calif ticket hit his dmw record.

06 K1200R,76 Yamaha RD400 VOID 7/08 ,03 Kawi ZX-6R VOID 10/10/06, 94 Suzuki GSXR-750 VOID, 85 Yamaha FJ1100 VOID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2008, 6:20 am
Addict

i got a ticket in switzerland and never paid it, never reached my driving record in PA.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2008, 9:17 am
Addict-oholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcraft
i got a ticket in switzerland and never paid it, never reached my driving record in PA.
I have seen your picture in the Swiss Post Office as a felon!!

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2008, 10:14 am
Addict

Even with my bad bike parts karma going lately, I'm pretty lucky, got stopped at 120 (MPH), in the rain and he let me go!

He was also a biker (and had actually crashed/injured on the road I was riding), was more concerned for my safety than the ticket thingy, unreal.

I was giddy all weekend after that. I was doing 130+ so I was happy I got tagged at a lower speed (it was raining hard and I got real wet and cold so I was hammerin' a bit to get to warmer weather in the desert).

And I've also slowed down a bit since

a bit I said
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2008, 11:13 pm
Rookie

Well, sounds like you walked away from one without too much trouble.

Let me just say this - here in Southern Calif., especially in L.A. and Orange County, we have predatory LEOs that are out looking for people who are speeding and it really gets them off to come after you. And when they get you off the side of the road, you might not be standing very long. You might be face down in the dirt with your hands behind your back begging for mercy. That is the way they roll around here and they've been doing that for a long, long time.

I live in San Diego now - the law enforcement in San Diego is allot different. They understand that they are to serve the public and they are just like everyone else, doing their job and it is a very hard one. But they aren't that predatorial and they are concerned about safety. And if you get a ticket there it will hurt just as much but they aren't making it their main priority in life. There are much bigger fish to fry than a few speeders.

Here in Orange County, I've seen 3 police cars pulled over a little 12 year old boy on a bicycle. Good God, give him a break. Maybe the bike was stolen though - I have no idea but I can only imagine how that kid felt.

Speeding tickets are bad things, especially if you are doing more than 25 miles per hour over the speed limit. You can get a big fine, your insurance will go up and you could lose your license for awhile. So you should feel very fortunate.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2008, 10:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes
Ok, so 147 Kph, but still that's about 92mph.

so just gotten off the on-ramp and where still in 2nd gear ? lucky you. moments later it would have gotten really expensive ...... to make it even more embarrassing, did the guy catching up to you have a crown vic ? ;-)

cheers !
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2008, 10:39 am
Would rather be riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckheinch
I have a friend that managed to get 3 tickets in a week while touring. one in nevada, one from a fed in a national park and 1 in Cali. only the calif ticket hit his dmw record.
I know from personal experience that tickets in Nevada and Colorado will both (eventually) hit your California record. ...and that was back in 1998!

Canada, no problem. Same for Canadians in the US, as long as they don't impound your bike, you're clear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode