cd disc "Ride Smart" attached info - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2005, 9:29 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

cd disc "Ride Smart" attached info

I have a disc from TAC (Traffic Accident Commission) in my state. The bit below gives some indication of what is included. Not sure where it should be posted but what I am saying is....if any one wants a copy I will burn one. Just send me enough to cover postage. Oh !! Australia is one of the 61 countries (includes part of the US) which drive on the left of the road, should not be a worry.

About Ride Smart
This CD-ROM was designed for motorcycle riders. Whilst it will be especially helpful for novice riders, it is designed to also be of value to all riders of all experience levels who wish to brush up or further develop their safe riding skills. Ideally, you will derive most benefit from the product if you have had some on-road riding experience. Even some on-road driving experience can be useful so that you are at least familiar with the traffic environment. The Ride Smart program will give you a better understanding of many different riding situations, so you’ll know what to do when you come across them on the road. You will have the opportunity to identify safe responses to some dangerous driving situations and gain an understanding of the real-life consequences of your actions.

You will be watching and commenting on many different riding video sequences from around town, on the freeway and in rural areas. You’ll have to make some quick decisions, which will test such things as your memory and your ability to predict what other road users might do next.

Ride Smart shows you the kind of things that can happen when you’re in control of a motorcycle. You’ll see what happens when you ride too fast, take risks, or don’t concentrate. And just like real life, you’ll also have to deal with other people’s mistakes and bad driving!

We all know that road accidents kill or injure far too many people each year. We hope that the skills that you develop from this program help to make sure that you are not one of them.
Networking Ride Smart

To install on a network

Ride Smart can be run from a network by copying all of the files from the CD-ROM to a network directory. All copied files in the network directory need to be made “read-only”. The main Ride Smart.exe file can then be run by multiple users and the scoring files are held on each client PC.

Please ensure that users have at least "power user" privileges to the client PC to ensure that the required plug-ins install and execute correctly.

Note: Students should copy their progress to floppy disk if they are going to complete Ride Smart on a different PC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2005, 10:14 pm

Sounds interesting. I would like a copy. Would $10.00 be enough? I suspect that you will get more than a few requests. Do you want to provide your snail address openly or via PM?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 3:47 am Thread Starter
Veteran

I think $10 is too much. I am not interested in profiting from my fellow riders. What ever anyone things is a fair thing will do

Bert Randall
10 Norfolk Court
Fawkner 3060
Australia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 6:35 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papilio
I think $10 is too much. I am not interested in profiting from my fellow riders. What ever anyone things is a fair thing will do.
Bert Randall
10 Norfolk Court
Fawkner 3060
Australia
From Oz $10.00 is NOT too much. When you consider the cost of the CD blank, the mailing envelope, and the postal costs from Oz as well as the time to do to do the copy, $10.00 is not too much.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 2:57 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

cd

After burning you a copy I think you are right, hell of a lot slower than music.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode