Where's Pep? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 4:52 pm Thread Starter
Statmaster

Where's Pep?

Has anyone heard from Pep (sometimes known as George Pepper)? It's been ages since he has disrupted the community and I miss his wild stories of Lazarus and Leviathan and his habit of straifing sport bikes with his LT.

I know he does work with FEMA, so this year might just have him chasing his tail and no time for motorcycles.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2005, 10:40 am

He is in West Texas.....around Alpine.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2005, 8:14 pm
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Last I heard from Geo, he's no longer with FEMA. Seems he may be teaching or some damned thing.

I'll see if I can hunt him up for ya.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2005, 9:37 pm
Veteran

Missing In Action

I e-mailed him just to see if he was still alive and got no response... Last time I spoke with him he was burnt out with the FEMA gig...THat was at least a year ago.. With him.. there's no telling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Has anyone heard from Pep (sometimes known as George Pepper)? It's been ages since he has disrupted the community and I miss his wild stories of Lazarus and Leviathan and his habit of straifing sport bikes with his LT.

I know he does work with FEMA, so this year might just have him chasing his tail and no time for motorcycles.

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2005, 9:26 am Thread Starter
Statmaster

The last time I talked to him, he had left FEMA, but was contracting back to FEMA as an independent (more money, more career control, less responsibility and accountability). He had moved to Alpine, TX, bought a truck (Pep and 4 wheels - simply amazing), and was in love. Then he disappeared off the map. I haven't even seen him at AdvRider.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2005, 10:51 am

He was banned from advider a year or 2 back. Some people see no humor in
death threats against elected officials apparently, even liberals at that.

I coulda sworn he posted on ibmwr a few months ago. Last I heard he was teaching
music at the local college in Alpine. Never met him but always enjoyed his posts.
The one where he got pulled over when the LEO thought he had stormed the border
on his LT was a classic pep tale.

best,
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 2005, 1:13 pm

Interesting Pep's whereabouts came up. Way back last March, this was Pep's swan song on the previous forum, never to be heard from again.

Guess he didn't like the new series of BMW "K" motorcycles. .

Personally, I do miss Pep and, it seems, the K-bike forums are the one last refuge from which he wasn't out-and-out banned. He tends to liven things up and needless to say he tends to write posts you "tend" to remember.

One thing about Pep; while his posts could be bombastic and inflamatory, I don't really remember him ever attacking anyone personally. Once he stated his "viewpoints", others would take exception and he took quite abit of abuse himself.

He also self-described himself as "bi-polar"; what this seemed to mean is that one day he could vehemntly arguing one position on just about any topic and then return another day to argue the other side equally as emphatically.

And, although, I never personally met Pep; many others described him as a true gentleman in person.

Miles

< Pep
(Senior member)
05/03/05 12:00 AM
Message No.: 99092
New "Ugliest BMW EVER!"?

IMO BMW's motorcycle design hit a serious "flat spot" with the K1200S. I wanted one, I wanted one, I wanted one... until I actually SAW one, that is. Sorry, but to my eyes it looks like a conflagration of contradictory cues and the wreckage of a sharp angle multiple collision pile-up. I don't CARE if it's the best handling bike on earth if it LOOKS like the smoldering remains of a designer's bad acid trip and come-down crash followed by his super-vivid night terrors. I really and truely HATE the way the K1200S looks. But this... THIS!!! Holy Mother of GAWD! I cannot think of one motorcycle in BMW's 75+ year history that is uglier. I get nauseous just looking at PHOTOS of the... the... THING. Hope nobody is stupid enough to actually, you know, spend any MONEY on one. Jezus H. Rodriguez. The spy shots of the K1200GT don't look any more promising either. Another dog-ass ugly bike waiting in the wings. Whatever happened to the graceful sexy curves of the ORIGINAL K1200RS? Hell, even my K1200LT is prettier than this new crop and it's a frickin' BARGE. In fact, My old '94 R1100RS gets bettrer looking with every new BMW released! Which of the suck-ass bitch brothers are penning designs for BMW now, anyway? Sheesh.

'94 R1100RS-A Frankenbike "Lazarus"
'00 K1200LT-C Chopper "Leviathan"
'03 Dodge RAM 1500 QC 4x4 "Jeremiah"

Post Extras>>
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 2005, 11:59 pm
There's a pill for everything

I know where PEP is

He is in TX teaching music and playing out at local clubs bars and the college scene. I believe he has not ridden in over a year and his bikes are at BW's house in VA. I have his cell number and I do call him about once a qtr. He has Doctorate in Music and that was his first love besides kitty. So he went back to his music roots and gave up on BMW's for awhile......maybe I will call him and wish him a Merry Xmas and all that Holiday shit

Later............
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2005, 1:58 am
Looking for better limits...

Maybe? MAYBE?
Dude...call him up. Check out how things are. Tell him some folks are asking about him.

Next time I get to Swartz Creek, I'll arrange that Blue Label I owe you...will Ann Arbor work?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2005, 7:24 am
"Hey Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOR
maybe I will call him and wish him a Merry Xmas...........
Motor, invite Pep to the Starlight Theater Tuesday, April 11th, 2006. Noonish. And bring yourself and Tokico Boy down. It's only a couple of days ride for you, and an hour for Pep. Several of us are staying at the Ramada Limited in Alpine for a Pre THCR - Alpine, Tx - Apr 9-12, then going to Kerrville, Texas for the Texas Hill Country Roundup, Apr 12-15, 2006. Texas is beautiful in April, and the roads are sooooo much fun.

Miles - re: Ugly. Ever seen Pep's truck? She's not a pretty child. But I bet she can cook.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode