BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Thanks to the MOA!

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  DavidTaylor 
#1 ·
I bought a 1200GT last week on ebay that was located in MO. Since my daughter lives in STL, I figured I'd fly out and visit her and pick up the bike on the weekend. Well, that plan went south, and I ended up on a quick trip to STL early in the week, figuring Dean could come out on the weekend and make the bike deal. The seller then said he couldn't do the weekend and wanted to finalize the deal right away. Long story short (I know, too late for that now!) I was in STL with no gear and needed to ride the bike about 100 miles to my daughters' place. I contacted the MOA and the president, Ray Zimmerman offered to lend me all of his gear. I've never met the man, but luckily I fit into his stuff and he saved the day! Just wanted everyone to know that our MOA is a great bunch of people, and Ray Zimmerman is awesome. Thanks!

#5 ·
DebS said:
I bought a 1200GT last week on ebay that was located in MO. Since my daughter lives in STL, I figured I'd fly out and visit her and pick up the bike on the weekend. Well, that plan went south, and I ended up on a quick trip to STL early in the week, figuring Dean could come out on the weekend and make the bike deal. The seller then said he couldn't do the weekend and wanted to finalize the deal right away. Long story short (I know, too late for that now!) I was in STL with no gear and needed to ride the bike about 100 miles to my daughters' place. I contacted the MOA and the president, Ray Zimmerman offered to lend me all of his gear. I've never met the man, but luckily I fit into his stuff and he saved the day! Just wanted everyone to know that our MOA is a great bunch of people, and Ray Zimmerman is awesome. Thanks!
Sorry, Deb...but spanky's right...
:nopic:

Having said that...what model-year is it?

#6 ·
Ok, sorry! Meet my new (to me) ride - 2300 miles on her, she's still in MO, so I had to steal this pic from the ebay listing. In arrest-me-red...

BTW, the seller said someone from Nevada was really hoping to win this bike, had flight plans, etc to pick it up, and I came in and outbid him at the last second. Wasn't you, was it Rich?????

Attachments

#7 ·
DebS said:
Ok, sorry! Meet my new (to me) ride - 2300 miles on her, she's still in MO, so I had to steal this pic from the ebay listing. In arrest-me-red...

BTW, the seller said someone from Nevada was really hoping to win this bike, had flight plans, etc to pick it up, and I came in and outbid him at the last second. Wasn't you, was it Rich?????
Nope, I'm riding green-green metallic into the asphalt. She's got 90,000+ on her, and I know every little detail about her. I like it that way. I did eyeball an F800GS the other day, though.

Piedmont Red has always been my favorite color of the three classic GT colors. BTW, you're the only one I know that's owned GT's in all three colors that were available in the US.

#8 ·
rhhall said:
Nope, I'm riding green-green metallic into the asphalt. She's got 90,000+ on her, and I know every little detail about her. I like it that way. I did eyeball an F800GS the other day, though.

Piedmont Red has always been my favorite color of the three classic GT colors. BTW, you're the only one I know that's owned GT's in all three colors that were available in the US.

90,000? You've only got her about halfway into the ground then! :teeth

#11 ·
Razel said:
And he's 45k behind a certain Orient Blue of the same year...I think he spends too much time posing.
It's that damned hat he wears all the time.

But, you know, not everyone can pull a look like that off.

:hysterica :hysterica :hysterica :hysterica :hysterica :hysterica

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.