Zurich Road Hazard Tire and Wheel - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2008, 9:46 am Thread Starter
DrD

Zurich Road Hazard Tire and Wheel

When I bought my K1200GT a few weeks back the dealership gave me material on a program that they started participating in within the last year or so. The Zurich warranties. There is an extended Vehicle Service Contract which looks like the usual. They also offer a Road Hazard Tire and Wheel contract. For example, if you buy their coverage for 48 months for $295 they will replace a tire which is damaged due to road hazard (nails, potholes, etc.) as long as the tire has at least 3/32 inch of tread left. The wheel coverage is for a tire unable to seal against the wheel due to damage to the wheel.

Anybody purchase this? Need it? You think it is worth it?

When in doubt, apply more throttle.
2008 K1200GT, Dark Graphite, "#4, the Dancing Hippo"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2008, 5:48 pm
Enthusiast

I purchased both, the Zurich extended warranty and the road hazard for tires and wheels. After talking to the dealership manager and her telling me of a customer who had to use the road hazard on 2 separate occasions, for both wheel and tires at no cost what-so-ever, I was sold.

Seems to me with the actual out of pocket cost of replacement, just using the warranty once would more than pay for itself. I had to replace both wheels a long time ago on a 750 Katana after hitting a 4x4 on the interstate.......trust me, wheels are expensive!

Initial Success, or Total Failure.
'08 K1200GT (Adventurin Silver)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2008, 3:19 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD
When I bought my K1200GT a few weeks back the dealership gave me material on a program that they started participating in within the last year or so. The Zurich warranties. There is an extended Vehicle Service Contract which looks like the usual. They also offer a Road Hazard Tire and Wheel contract. For example, if you buy their coverage for 48 months for $295 they will replace a tire which is damaged due to road hazard (nails, potholes, etc.) as long as the tire has at least 3/32 inch of tread left. The wheel coverage is for a tire unable to seal against the wheel due to damage to the wheel.

Anybody purchase this? Need it? You think it is worth it?
The company that I work for here in Australia distrubutes a product called "Tyre & Rim" through car and motorcycle dealers.

Same deal, pick up a nail or damage the tyre or rim and the insurance replaces them.

Most rim damage is caused in accidents that would be covered by your normal insurance but this is good peace of mind.

http://www.swanninsurance.com.au/products/tyre_and_rim

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode