Any problems with A&S BMW Motorcycles? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2008, 1:12 pm Thread Starter

Any problems with A&S BMW Motorcycles?

A&S BMW Motorcycles

Anyone had any problems with these folks or are they good to deal with? I'm in the early stages of what could be a nightmare, depends on how they handle it. Just wondering if they are pretty straight or if I'm in for a fight.

Ordered a couple things. Tracking shows it delivered but it never showed. I was actually sitting in front of my house when the info shows it was delievered - I never even saw a truck. Sent a request for help to A&S, it's in their hands now. I hope they go after the shipper and file a loss claim and just send me my stuff, and I hope it plays out quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2008, 2:48 pm
Rider Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflybricks
A&S BMW Motorcycles

Anyone had any problems with these folks or are they good to deal with? I'm in the early stages of what could be a nightmare, depends on how they handle it. Just wondering if they are pretty straight or if I'm in for a fight.

Ordered a couple things. Tracking shows it delivered but it never showed. I was actually sitting in front of my house when the info shows it was delievered - I never even saw a truck. Sent a request for help to A&S, it's in their hands now. I hope they go after the shipper and file a loss claim and just send me my stuff, and I hope it plays out quickly.
Howdy Nate,

I live around the corner from A&S and have done a lot of business with them over the last five years. My experience is that they are honest and fair in dealings.

It sounds like the carrier is electronically updating the status before the driver actually makes the delivery....but that is just a guess.

Let us all know how this turns out for you

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05
'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
RCB, AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2008, 3:45 pm
Enthusiast

If it's UPS delivering I can tel you from experience of having worked there that a driver will scan a package as delivered and then never actually deliver it because the residence was out of the way. Then he will deliver it the next day or two when he has another delivery in that area. It's BS I know, but that's what happen sometimes. Oh, and UPS can't fire the driver because the Teamster's Union is so far up their ass it would hurt to much.

'03 K1200GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2008, 7:48 pm

Nathaniel,

We'll make sure you're taken care of. Please contact our General Manager Jeff Hanrahan and he will make sure you get your product.

800 689 9893

Sorry about the hassle.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2008, 8:10 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyOmaha
Howdy Nate,

I live around the corner from A&S and have done a lot of business with them over the last five years. My experience is that they are honest and fair in dealings.

It sounds like the carrier is electronically updating the status before the driver actually makes the delivery....but that is just a guess.

Let us all know how this turns out for you

Good to know, much appreciated.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2008, 8:10 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPOWERSPORTS
Nathaniel,

We'll make sure you're taken care of. Please contact our General Manager Jeff Hanrahan and he will make sure you get your product.

800 689 9893

Sorry about the hassle.
Okey dokey, thanks for replying. I'll drop a line tomorrow . Thanks!
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2008, 8:19 pm
Addict

I have made purchases from A&S BMW in the past, it was delivered UPS no problems. Looks like in this case they are stepping up to the plate, and making good. A&S is the type of business that understands were a small community, and reputation matters. I would love to see the alleged signature UPS has for the delivery. I'm sure A&S has shipping invoice, and tracking number, and equally sure Nathaniel never received it, sounds like UPS's fault all the way. Way to go A&S!! By the way, I noticed Nathaniel that your in Tenn. As usual I will be attending the MOA Rally which is in Johnson City Tenn. this year. Any intel you can give us, are you familiar with the site of the Rally?

Last edited by 2008-K1200GT; Dec 1st, 2008 at 8:24 pm.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2008, 8:28 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008-K1200GT
I have made purchases from A&S BMW in the past, it was delivered UPS no problems. Looks like in this case they are stepping up to the plate, and making good. A&S is the type of business that understands were a small community, and reputation matters. I would love to see the alleged signature UPS has for the delivery. I'm sure A&S has shipping invoice, and tracking number, and equally sure Nathaniel never received it, sounds like UPS's fault all the way. Way to go A&S!! By the way, I noticed Nathaniel that your in Tenn. As usual I will be attending the MOA Rally which is in Johnson City Tenn. this year. Any intel you can give us, are you familiar with the site of the Rally?
It was Fedex Ground actually, not UPS. There's the problem. Fedex Ground is not Fedex but a trucking company they bought several years ago. It was also sent no signature required. Usually not a problem, but I've actually never had this happen before. I don't know what some driver wants this 4 quarts of oil and filter! Maybe he has a K bike too.

Happy to get this squared away tomorrow, one less thing on my plate this month. I'll holler back on the this thread afterwards.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:30 am
DrD

FedEx Ground sucks. After the few experiences I have had with them I try to avoid having anything shipped to me that way. I will not ship with them.

When in doubt, apply more throttle.
2008 K1200GT, Dark Graphite, "#4, the Dancing Hippo"
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 1:08 am
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD
FedEx Ground sucks. After the few experiences I have had with them I try to avoid having anything shipped to me that way. I will not ship with them.

I've had the opposite experience. I've shipped dozens of packages all over the US and Canada with FedEx ground and I've never had an issue.

Ted Shred

The "Good" Ted

www.sealec.com/ted

2006 Suzuki DRZ400E
2005 BMW R1200GS
2003 BMW K1200LTE
2007 650 Challenge

MOA #122004

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode