Quick Review: Destination Highways Guides - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2008, 8:07 pm Thread Starter

Quick Review: Destination Highways Guides

I've been a huge fan of the most excellent http://washington.destinationhighways.com/ . Brian Bosworth and Mike Sanders are certifiable motorcycle junkies and pour themselves into writing these guides. Gear and books have a way of finding me in startling amounts and I can say with certainty I've bought and read all, or nearly all, of the maps, books, and guides available for western roads. Save yourself the trouble. If you ride in Washington, and now Northern California and BC, buy these. The level of detail is beyond belief, rating roads according to . . .

* Twistiness
* Pavement quality
* Engineering
* Remoteness
* Scenery
* Character

Add in useful amounts of information about lodging, eating, camping, dealerships, and pretty much anything else you want to know, and you've got the perfect motorcycling guidebook.

I had the opportunity to meet Brian at the recent Seattle Motorcycle show. Great guy. Bought the new BC and NC guide along with the new folding maps while I was at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2008, 8:13 am
Veteran

I agree. They are fantastic guides, albeit pricey, and they also have maps to go along with them now as well.

They are working on a Southern CA book now.

Mack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode