S1KR at Chicago motorcycle show - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 2009, 12:28 am Thread Starter
JCW
contributor

S1KR at Chicago motorcycle show

No, I didn't go. Completely forgot about it. Usually not that interesting anyway but would have gone if I knew BMW's new bikes and the S1KR was going to be there.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 2009, 5:33 pm
Rookie

I was at the Chicago motorcycle show Friday, and I thought is was just o.k., I had fun but you could see that all the bike makers were being much more conservative. than they had been last year, IMO. It was cool to see the K13S and the S1KR. The BMW display was fist rate, I wish the K13R would have been shown even though it will not be coming to the stats this year, if for no other resin BMW could see what kind of interest there is for it. (and so I could see it in person). I also liked the Ducati display, the street fighter is Hot. There were less dealers than last year but still alot of cool stuff to buy if you had a few dollars burning a hole in your pocket.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 2009, 11:36 pm
Enthusiast

I was there with my teenage daughter. Spent more on the hotdogs than on the cheap t-shirt. Got to say, I'll be curious to see when the S1KR hits and how it goes. After looking at and sitting on the Ninja, CBR and R1, the BMWer actually looked less refined to me in some ways but it could have been a) the display shown above, and b) the fact that you couldn't sit on it. Because of the higher display position, not what I expected. The carbon garckle farckle looked slightly mediocre with the black paint. Looked better in pictures, which left me to wondering if it was the display. It did, however, look like a race bike and my daughter liked it so that's got to count for something. And I couldn't help myself - i rode Saturday a bit in the wet. should i be worried about the salt? It was a short, wee blast. Plus I can't figure out why/where my external faucets turn on/off. Darn Northern homes... between that and all the snow I've shoveled this winter...

2007 K1200R Sport w/ Leo Vince EvoII titanium slip-on. They say that moving sucks. I rather like it, when it's on my bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2009, 10:33 am
Rookie

Hay King, if you ride to a self car wash and set it to spotfree you have low psi water that work well for washing the salt off. I was out this weekend as well, salt can not be good for the black shaft drive on my k12r
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 2009, 1:38 pm
Enthusiast

Thanks, Manni.

2007 K1200R Sport w/ Leo Vince EvoII titanium slip-on. They say that moving sucks. I rather like it, when it's on my bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode