Motorcycle smog check coming to California? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2009, 9:07 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Motorcycle smog check coming to California?

Ugh!

Wonder if they'll require the smog cops to get their class M1 license too since they need to ride them at some point into the shop or wherever? Just wait until one of them drops a GT on it's side. Probably just make it prohibitively expensive to check so their insurance won't take such a hit.

California SB 435 - PDF version

Love that anything older than a 2000 model is exempt. I think it's time to get out of CA with all the new tax increases (e.g. Sales, DMV doubling, and smog tax) that are coming - but to where?

Mack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2009, 1:56 pm
Enthusiast

Thumbs down Smog ????

only here in California

WOOLF
99 R1100S BLACK
02K1200RS BLACK
Iron Butt Member
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2009, 9:42 pm
Addict

Does this mean those that leave their K-bikes on the side stand overnight and start up next morning could get a ticket?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2009, 1:17 am
Veteran

whooo hooo. just another reason to want to leave CA. glad i still have my stock pipe.

06 K1200R,76 Yamaha RD400 VOID 7/08 ,03 Kawi ZX-6R VOID 10/10/06, 94 Suzuki GSXR-750 VOID, 85 Yamaha FJ1100 VOID
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2009, 8:47 am
Addict

i don't know what's wrong with people in commiefornia as living conditions get worse and worse, taxes and fees go higher and higher and people continue to vote for the same clowns that are running the state into the ground. one would think people would get tired of ever increasing taxes/fees all while rights are slowly being stripped away and vote the bums out of office.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2009, 9:37 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcraft
i don't know what's wrong with people in commiefornia as living conditions get worse and worse, taxes and fees go higher and higher and people continue to vote for the same clowns that are running the state into the ground. one would think people would get tired of ever increasing taxes/fees all while rights are slowly being stripped away and vote the bums out of office.
Those folks that run the state are so far removed from reality they never will figure out what is running it into the ground. As long as they stay out of the other country and their economy, those folks continue to gain the votes to stay at the "Washington Country Club."

I can go to places in some areas of our city where they collect no sales tax. No business license so why bother? You can barter for a very good price and cash and carry. No-contract cell phone service is very, very cheap through some of them on prepaid cards from south of the border (one cell company starts with L-something?). Buddy took me there and got a phone and two months service for $20 (no tax either!). I noticed their whole economy is cash-based for the most part. It's in even-dollar amounts which negates taxes and credit cards.

Some restaurant foods are being made in backyards. One making bathtub cheese in their backyard in garbage cans got caught by the Health Dept. - but it was just one. Even my Doc recommended getting a full series of Hepatitis shots (I'm now going through that process takes 6 months! 3 shots over 2 month period). My ex had 13 people living in a small, 900 sq. ft. two-bedroom house. Some are living in a child's playhouse in the back yard and another in a pickup camper shell. Neighbors complained about all the vehicles on the street and they towed one for being parked too long. Now they park them all on their dead lawn.

I recently got the same situation next to me, only two families though. I helped them mend the wooden fence from a windstorm and they used old motor oil from their car on the wood as a cheap sealer. Looked pretty nice too, sort of like redwood, and has held up pretty well. I got their power bill one month and accidentally opened it. Only $19 compared to my normal $170 bill. They rarely turn their lights on. Sun goes down, they go to sleep. No TV I guess, only some battery-operated radio or they sit in their work-truck and listen to it there.

Pretty amazing stuff going on and the bureaucrats cannot figure out why they have billions less money in their coffers - but they do know how they continue to live at their "country club." Somehow I feel they must know what is going on, just they cannot control it now since they ignored it when it festered and is now a full-blown cancer that is untreatable.

Mack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode