New Roadside Assistance provider & terms? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2009, 9:44 am Thread Starter
Addict-oholic

New Roadside Assistance provider & terms?

I just got my new 2009 Roadside Assistance booklet and membership card. My new card says the provider is Signature Motor Club. My previous card for my 2006 says: Cross Country Country Club.reading the terms of the new plan, I see that almost all of the old services have been phased out. The new plan only allows towing to the nearest BMW dealer and only for 50 miles max.Ther is no trip interruption reimbursement, trip maps, bail bond & legal service sreimbursements etc etc.

Do we now have to get additional riders to insurance or other emergency providers?

I will just have to add this to the cost of my new bike. It is nickel and diming that pisses me off........

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:54 am
Veteran

Larry
I can understand being pissed about the nickel & dime treatment you get every time you turn around. Just look at the prices in a parts fiche lately!!!

You might want to check with your insurance carrier. My Progressive Roadside Assistance is for 15miles or to the nearest dealer who can repair the motorcycle(meaning the nearest BMW dealer, if it's a mechanical problem)! They took my bike 85mi. free of charge!
I don't know if the coverage includes trip interruption or not.

If your policy has this coverage, just drop the BMW coverage(I never re-upped with Cross-Country when the free coverage expired) and move on.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

Last edited by brucecha; May 23rd, 2009 at 11:02 am.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2009, 6:31 pm
Veteran

Larry, when my 2009 K1300GT died, I called the roadside assistance number to have it towed. They informed me that they would only tow it 20 miles (I swear that is what I remember) and how did I care to pay for the difference, Visa or Mastercard?

Since it was 129 miles to the dealership, I thanked the gentleman and called BMW corporate. They arranged for the tow and I was not charged a dime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2009, 11:06 am

Yes, this is interesting, as I encountered no flak at all when I had to call a few weeks ago. They asked me which dealer I wanted to have the bike towed to--Charlotte NC or Greensville SC, on Sat morning, with no mention of cost, miles, etc. They even point out that I should keep track of any expenses as I can get reimbursed for this or that.

All in all, I was very much impressed with BMW Roadside assistance. This was the first time I used it. So I'm very sorry to hear that it may have changed.

We need to find out for sure.

Don G
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2009, 6:34 pm Thread Starter
Addict-oholic

Don. Maybe, when you purchased your bike, you got Crosas Country instead of Signature. I was reading over my 2006 booklet from BMW. The phone number is the same (?) I will give a call to them sometime next week to see what is happening with their plan.I will post my results

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode