S 1000 RR U.S.Pricing - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2009, 7:25 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

S 1000 RR U.S.Pricing

Today BMW Motorrad USA announced the pricing on the 2010 S 1000 RR and its factory installed options.

BMW introduced the most anticipated new sport bike in recent memory, the S 1000 RR, at the famed Monza racetrack during the Superbike World Championship races. And since the launch date the sport bike fans everywhere have been eagerly awaiting the price of this new Superbike from BMW.

The S 1000 RR has been designed to offer the most complete supersport package with class-leading power and performance combined with cutting edge technology and competitive pricing.

Were very pleased to announce the pricing on the 2010 BMW S 1000 RR:
$13,800
Options:
Race ABS (excluding DTC): $1,000.00
Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) Combined: $1,480.00
Gear Shift Assistant: $ 450.00
Anti Theft Alarm: $ 395.00
Motorsports Paint Scheme: $ 750.00

The options include either standalone new 4-stage Race ABS or Race ABS combined with multi-stage Dynamic Traction Control. Other must have options include the truly awesome Gear Shift Assistant that allows clutchless upshifts during acceleration, Anti Theft Alarm and the WSBK-inspired Motorsports Paint Scheme.
This new Superbike from BMW weighing only 404 lbs, and putting out a massive 193 hp, is one of the most potent, sophisticated and lightest sport bikes ever unleashed on the planet. The new S 1000 RR is the most powerful production 1000cc sport bike in the world.

In addition to the most potent power plant in its class, the BMW S 1000 RR introduces new technical features such as the first-ever 4-stage Race ABS system with settings for Rain, Sport, Race and Slick conditions. This groundbreaking new ABS weighs only about 5.5 lbs complete, which is nearly 20 lbs lighter than the competition.

The S 1000 RR also introduces a new multi-stage Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) which allows smooth acceleration on wet roads, or puts down full-on power on the track and settings in between depending on the road and riding conditions.

With its highly distinctive new asymmetrical headlights, which follow the very elegant and unique asymmetrical panels, this first BMW Superbike promises to standout from the crowd of liter-class bikes.

For more info about this awesome new BMW and to see and hear this Superbike in person, please visit www.BMWPlanetPower.com and check out the S 1000 RR US Tour Calendar.

The new S 1000 RR is scheduled to be released in the US by early 2010.

* MSRP excludes destination, freight, license, registration, taxes, insurance and options.

KR Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2009, 8:05 am
JCW
contributor

5.5 pound ABS is amazing!

They should take money off for that motosport paint job, though.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2009, 8:40 am
Veteran

The less weight of the ABS unit is pretty trick. Why their fascination with the asymmetrical stuff like headlights and body panels is bewildering. Cost is far less than I would have thought - and by a lot! - over say the $10K more expensive Ducati 1098 sportbike.

However, it does seem every time BMW changes something that part doesn't work - and sometimes still doesn't work when they go back. Fuel tank floats, to fuel strips, and then back to floats that still don't work. Infamous 1300 switch gear. Their 19 ball final drives, to 17 ball, and back to 19 ball and yet they still crap out. A new oil cap that isn't vented and now is. A brake reservoir that introduces bubbles in the brake system over one that didn't. A few revisions on a cam chain tensioner. Add a couple of more spark plugs to the two-plug boxer that "Never surges." Often seems they forsake reliability for a series of blunders.

Then the S100RR debuts at Monoco and then something breaks and it can't finish? Misses Laguna Seca race (broken still?). A very puzzling and disturbing entry.

Okay. So who's gonna jump on the S1000RR and debug that lil' sucker?

Mack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2009, 9:32 am
Veteran

Looks like they're trying to make inroads into the "squid" crowd. Personally I think it's kinda fugly.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2009, 11:31 am
Enthusiast

This is a really good price for this bike

Ed
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2009, 11:38 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack

Mack
Me, and I can't wait to get mine!

Ed
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2009, 11:39 am
Addict

I love it but there is NO f'ing way I'm buying another BMW without my eyes wide open.

this KS clutch thingy is driving me insane and it just sucks, I want the daym thing fixed and I don't think it can be at this point..thats on an 06 so I'll give em oh, another 10 yrs to figure it out..I didn't buy a showroom piece, I bought this thing to ride!

These issues sort of remind me of chrysler in the 70's...sell junk, the poor owners' at the dealer constantly having the mechanics try to overcome design flaws and in the end, the customer is just screwed.

As you know, so is the company at this point..mmm..wonder why.

Ya, I like the SS a lot, I like my KS a lot more, wish i didn't have these issues with it. At about 62k miles it is smmooottth as glass and still real comfy, thats hard to give up, not to mention the eye candy part of it
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2009, 4:32 pm
Veteran

i think i might get one. i have been looking to get a sport bike, but i am not a big fan of the jap bike, although they are a good product. i always want something different. I have a two bike limit and only have the KR, which is completely paid off. It is priced reasonably as i was thinking the 1198 or 848.

06 K1200R,76 Yamaha RD400 VOID 7/08 ,03 Kawi ZX-6R VOID 10/10/06, 94 Suzuki GSXR-750 VOID, 85 Yamaha FJ1100 VOID
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2009, 5:30 pm
2 heads are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
The less weight of the ABS unit is pretty trick. Why their fascination with the asymmetrical stuff like headlights and body panels is bewildering. Cost is far less than I would have thought - and by a lot! - over say the $10K more expensive Ducati 1098 sportbike.

However, it does seem every time BMW changes something that part doesn't work - and sometimes still doesn't work when they go back. Fuel tank floats, to fuel strips, and then back to floats that still don't work. Infamous 1300 switch gear. Their 19 ball final drives, to 17 ball, and back to 19 ball and yet they still crap out. A new oil cap that isn't vented and now is. A brake reservoir that introduces bubbles in the brake system over one that didn't. A few revisions on a cam chain tensioner. Add a couple of more spark plugs to the two-plug boxer that "Never surges." Often seems they forsake reliability for a series of blunders.

Then the S100RR debuts at Monoco and then something breaks and it can't finish? Misses Laguna Seca race (broken still?). A very puzzling and disturbing entry.

Mack
Laguna Seca was MotoGP, not World Superbike, so they would not have run there.

The assymetrical headlights I think is just them being different as usual. I got an explanation from one of people in the BMW booth at MotoGP for the different side panels, though. Through their testing of various bodywork shapes they discovered that having the different venting on each side creates a swirl in the air around the motor and radiator as it passes through and causes the hot air to be expelled out to the side of the bike rather than directly back on the rider.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 BMW R1200RT Polar Metallic
2008 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S Red (of course)

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2009, 6:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
Laguna Seca was MotoGP, not World Superbike, so they would not have run there.

The assymetrical headlights I think is just them being different as usual. I got an explanation from one of people in the BMW booth at MotoGP for the different side panels, though. Through their testing of various bodywork shapes they discovered that having the different venting on each side creates a swirl in the air around the motor and radiator as it passes through and causes the hot air to be expelled out to the side of the bike rather than directly back on the rider.
The side panels ok, but those headlights are UGLY!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode