Long Way Round - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2005, 3:47 pm Thread Starter

Long Way Round

Just recieved my Long Way Round dvd from Amazon.

Mark

'03 K1200RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2005, 5:51 pm

I ordered the PAL format one from England probably a year ago. It plays fine in my two DVD players - play the Long Way Round all the time in the background in the garage when I'm hanging out there with my bike.....

Be careful about mentioning LWR though......most everyone on this site talked lots of trash about Ewan & Charley back when the show was on Bravo......called them wusses because they had a support crew, etc......but then again I've never seen anyone else make a TV series about a ride like that.......

The show and the guys are A-OK in my book....I enjoy the hell out of my dvd set...Hope you do too....
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2005, 4:36 am
Addict

Thumbs up Long Way Round

I just finished watching my DVD of the series (2 Disk set, whish I had the 3 disk version!)
While there may be some accomplished riders on the list who may have done the same trip, unless they have, their comments re the support crew mean nothing surely.
If I had the cash, I'd pay for a doctor to be some where within 500kms from me at all times as well.
I must admit though, the producer fella in the back up vehicle (Suzuki) was giving me the S**ts. What a soft cock.
I've been contemplating the R1200GS for over a year now, and I'd love one. Unfortunatly, the Factory run out on the 2005 K1200GT has destroyed the trade price on my 2004 GT.
I do love my GT though. Best bike I've owned in 23 years.

Best wishes everyone.

Ken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2005, 7:01 am
Veteran

Long Way Around- The Full version

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjeldgaard
Just recieved my Long Way Round dvd from Amazon.

Is the Amazon version show more or less than the 8 +/- hrs from the originally shown on the Discovery Channel? I have all the episodes on DVD..all I need is somone to edit out the ads and it would make a very nice Xmas present.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2005, 9:29 am

FYI - Apparently Charley from the series is/will be competing in the Dakar Rally, and they'll be doing a cool little series on it as well. The web address is www.racetodakar.com

Baytown - Just do the trip like that on your GT.....I found this pic of this crazy guy over at the advrider site......makes me kinda jealous......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crazy bastard.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1091  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2005, 3:25 pm

LWR is available on netflix, too, if you're not so committed to buying.

It's entertaining and gives a glimpse into places that you don't see very often. I'm not sure why you'd hire a guy like the whiney producer to accompany you around the world. The last thing you want is a complaining weenie in a car behind you.

In terms of MC TV, it still beats watching Paul Sr. yell at Paul Jr. while he makes the gaudiest bikes around.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2005, 3:34 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa3jy
Is the Amazon version show more or less than the 8 +/- hrs from the originally shown on the Discovery Channel?
The DVD does have more footage than the TV series.

Mark

'03 K1200RS
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2005, 4:45 pm
Statmaster

Fox Reality had a marathon of Long Way Round yesterday. I remember trying to get through the first episode back when it originally aired and gave up on them. Too much petulant actor bullshit for my taste.

I am so glad I sat through it again. I was so wrong. To see how they changed on such a personal level as the trip went through Mongolia and then the Road of Bones segment gave me a new respect for not only Ewan and Charley, but the entire team. I hope to get the DVD soon so I can see some of the backstories that never made it to television.

You gotta laugh your ass off when they were in the middle of Mongolia and the group of police came by and Ewan channeling Obi Wan Kenobie with "these are not the bikes you are looking for. move along".

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode