K100RS Suspension Replacement - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:25 am Thread Starter
Addict

K100RS Suspension Replacement

Im looking for a replacement suspension kit for an 86 K100RS and it seems that IKON which apparently is the old KONI can supply the goods. They do a rear shock and progressive fork springs
We often pay way over the odds for anything here in OZ and its often cheaper to ship stuff in.
Can anyone point me in the direction of anyone who sells this gear in the U.S. ?

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2009, 5:11 am

I have to agree with you re cost of parts in Australia and I tend to get most of mine from the US or UK but I think you will find IKON is still a local brand as their contact details are in Albury NSW and you would have to hope that anything made locally would be cheaper than getting it from OS but you never know...

FWIW I am running an old KONI on mine that is still doing a pretty good job. My only complaint is the preload is not quickly adjustable but in my case that is not really an issue.

Progressive front springs are on "the list" but are still a way off so let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Phil

Phil Mars

1984 K100RT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode