BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Int'l Motorcycle Show-Bay Area

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  rob707 
#1 ·
I'm planning to go to the MC show in San Mateo on Nov 21st. Leaving from Marin-Terra Linda Starbucks about 9am. Anyone want to join me? :D

#2 ·
Rumor is that BMW will not be there and maybe some others? :confused: I want to see the S1000RR up close but it may not be there.

Long Beach seems to be the fav where most all of the manufacturers show up. Seems it always rains at some point while there, but it often just hugs the coastline and is dry inland a few miles.

I wish the show would attract more farkley-stuff venders in there though, maybe a small Aerostitch Rider's Wherehouse with stuff like phony ticket books, oil spills, headphone amps, radars, GPS units, tool kits, and other stuff? Get's tiring looking at T-shirt and leather venders who seem to predominate.

Mack

#3 ·
GMack said:
Rumor is that BMW will not be there and maybe some others? :confused: I want to see the S1000RR up close but it may not be there.

Long Beach seems to be the fav where most all of the manufacturers show up. Seems it always rains at some point while there, but it often just hugs the coastline and is dry inland a few miles.

I wish the show would attract more farkley-stuff venders in there though, maybe a small Aerostitch Rider's Wherehouse with stuff like phony ticket books, oil spills, headphone amps, radars, GPS units, tool kits, and other stuff? Get's tiring looking at T-shirt and leather venders who seem to predominate.

Mack
I got to sit on the new superbike up here last month. Really nice! 192 hp and dynoed rwhp 180! Most rwhp of any production bike. I really want to see and climb all over the new Honda VFR1200.

#4 ·
pmorritt said:
I got to sit on the new superbike up here last month. Really nice! 192 hp and dynoed rwhp 180! Most rwhp of any production bike. I really want to see and climb all over the new Honda VFR1200.
So did it fit you? I'm an even 6 foot and I found the Ducati Streetfighter S I rode a bit cramped and I couldn't keep my fat size 12 right foot on the footpeg (damn heatshield). Italians got some tiny feet.

Still, I was surprised my dealer, who sells both, told me the Yamaha R1 has more HP than the new S1000RR. Dunno if I believe him on that one. Guess it all comes down as to how they measure HP.

Forgot about the new Honda VFR 1200. Ought to be interesting though and will attract a lot of attention I'm sure!

Mack

#5 ·
GMack said:
So did it fit you? I'm an even 6 foot and I found the Ducati Streetfighter S I rode a bit cramped and I couldn't keep my fat size 12 right foot on the footpeg (damn heatshield). Italians got some tiny feet.

Still, I was surprised my dealer, who sells both, told me the Yamaha R1 has more HP than the new S1000RR. Dunno if I believe him on that one. Guess it all comes down as to how they measure HP.

Forgot about the new Honda VFR 1200. Ought to be interesting though and will attract a lot of attention I'm sure!

Mack
Oh yea. Me 6' and a diminutive 190. She felt good, Not quite the lean as my 999-but close-little more room-not much--it really isnt a street bike either. Germans-big folks like us. Japanese and I-tralians-little people like their bikes. Took me a while to dial in suspension on the Duc-Guido must be 5'6 and 125 wet. :spank1:

#6 ·
GMack said:

:wtf: Where do they come up with this????

#8 ·
You could've sat on it last Friday in Livermore and last Saturday in Mountain View.

Anyway... the last rumor I heard is that the black ambassador bike might show up at San Mateo Motorcycle Show. I guess we'll find out soon enough. :teeth

As for HP number, I heard the R1 makes 182HP, Gixxer 1K make 185HP the S1000RR make 193HP.

I don't know the dyno result of the R1, but here's one pre-production S1000RR dyno-ed in SoCal before Laguna Seca MotoGP compared with a Gixxer 1K dyno-ed before that (Road Racing World).

Attachments

#9 ·
TxWhiteKnight said:
If you look down to the roundel is says BMW will only be in Long Beach and New York

International MC Show :confused:
BMW wasn't in Seattle last year and that was a huge disappointment. BMW is about 40% of why I go to the show. Another regular was missing too, Triumph or KTM I think, but I can't remember for sure.

I don't see Triumph on that list at all. Sad.

I might very well skip this year. :(

#10 ·
BMW "Corporate" sponsorship doesn't show up. There's a corporate office in Los Angeles, so they manage to wander over to Long Beach. New York is pretty close to the BMW NA headquarters, so they show up there. Other places depends on dealership groups to pick up the slack. BMW will tell you it's based on attendance in the past, but it's funny how they only show up close to "home".

I don't think Triumph has any displays at these shows anymore. Funny that the guy that made this decison for Triumph has now moved on to BMW ...

The S1000RR showing up at San Mateo? Only if "corporate" is in a good mood and considers they might sell more S1000RR's because of the bike being there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.