BMW s1000rr sounding sweet - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 2009, 7:47 am Thread Starter
Rookie

BMW s1000rr sounding sweet

Linky

Unfortunately my memory card filled up, clip should have been longer than 33 secs

1974 Z1a 900 Kawasaki
06 K1200r
Harley FXSTSSE3 CVO Softail Springer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 2009, 9:55 am
JCW
contributor

Very nice!

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 2009, 12:25 pm
Veteran

I have a feeling from talking to the Sales Manager of North County BMW (San Diego) at the Long Beach Cycle show last night, this bike is going to be a hot seller. He said they have 9 on pre-order now along with their demo model. He suspects they'll begin to show up in January. Unfortunately, along with the popularity comes lousy financing rates and "No deals" for a while. Most all the early runs will be fully-equipped models (i.e. the high-priced ones).

I post some photos of the three colors they had on display in the Photography section elsewhere on this site. Link here. Their "black" version was absent. The green wasn't as obnoxious as I had first thought when I saw it. Overall it is very compact in design and far more compact than the new Ducati Multistrada 1200 which semed to have a lot of vacant real-estate around the front forks.

The S1000RR had quite a bit of interest from onlookers with the Yamaha guys standing in the isle watching the activity like vultures. Didn't hear anyone bash the asymmetric design like I had expected.

The Ducati booth was well populated as well. Ducati generates a lot of interest in their new models for a small company. The girl said they paid a "Large sum of money to be there." They had their stunt riding team there as well as their clothing modeling thing which they seem to be breaking into.

The Harley carpet area seemed a bit of a ghost town. Changing demographics I guess.

Mack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2009, 6:46 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
I post some photos of the three colors they had on display in the Photography section elsewhere on this site. Link here. Their "black" version was absent. The green wasn't as obnoxious as I had first thought when I saw it. Overall it is very compact in design and far more compact than the new Ducati Multistrada 1200 which semed to have a lot of vacant real-estate around the front forks.
Mack
Mack, you aren't comparing the Multistrada to the RR. Two different animals. GS similar purpose to Multi, RR to 1198/(S)-SB to SB.

Marin Phil
2013 K13S-Anniv ED
'06 K12GT Blue of course!_Sold-too many problems
'05 Ducati 999-My Italian Mistress_sold and missed
2004 K12 GT-Orient Blue-the new me.-Sold
about 30 before that but too old to remember them all..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2009, 7:07 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ei5fk
Linky

Unfortunately my memory card filled up, clip should have been longer than 33 secs
IMHO-sound is very subjective-hence-so many aftermarket systems. That said-just about all in-line-4's sound the same to me. Give me a nice L-twin ala Ducati, or the sweet sound of a V4-new Aprilia RSV4. Even the new VRF1200 sounds pretty sweet..

Marin Phil
2013 K13S-Anniv ED
'06 K12GT Blue of course!_Sold-too many problems
'05 Ducati 999-My Italian Mistress_sold and missed
2004 K12 GT-Orient Blue-the new me.-Sold
about 30 before that but too old to remember them all..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode