American Chopper series finale - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2010, 12:15 am Thread Starter
JCW
contributor
 
JCW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 4,827
American Chopper series finale

I know, some people can't stand the show.

Some people say the bikes Paul Teutel creates are ugly and amateurish.

IMO, those people are the HATERS that have never used a mallet to pound out metal or welded or try to create something out of nothing. Some of his bikes were inspiring. For me at least.

I definitely would say I watched the show 75% for the bikes and the fabrication and 25% for the characters and the drama.

It's too bad about the cancellation. But since the split between Sr. and Jr., the quality of the bikes were getting not so good. So I was watching less and less. Still I would rather watch that then some reality tv show or crime drama. Oh wait, I guess it was part reality tv.

The Liberty Chopper blew me away how many years ago...


'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda

Last edited by JCW; Feb 13th, 2010 at 12:36 am.
JCW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2010, 1:38 am
Member
 
-CRASH-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Gatos, CA,
Posts: 101
The term "reality TV" is an oxymoron. I can't wait until that fad dies. Personally have no idea how that show lasted as long as it did. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the only bikes I think that are uglier than OCC bikes are Arlen Ness bikes. I have seen very nice choppers that I respect, so it isn't a style issue, it is an UGLY issue. I have seen several OCC bikes up close (I have run several fab shops and factories and built several custom race bikes myself - I know what good fabrication quality is) and the quality is deplorable. I went with my entire weld crew once to see the Miller bike and told them there on the spot, if they EVER welded that bad I would fire them. That bike actually broke from the vibration of riding in the air ride trailer it was in and had to be repaired before they rolled it out to show. The paint was amazing .. but then, they didn't do the paint so maybe the show should have been about the paint shops they used instead.

Sorry for your loss, thank god we may actually get something worthwhile in its place. (not holding my breath on that tho - it is still TV)

- CRASH -
IBA# 21680
"Motorcycles and beer, that is how I know there is a God and that he loves us."
-CRASH- is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2010, 6:06 am
Addict
 
Dadicool59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cleveland, QLD, Australia
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW
I know, some people can't stand the show.

Some people say the bikes Paul Teutel creates are ugly and amateurish.

IMO, those people are the HATERS that have never used a mallet to pound out metal or welded or try to create something out of nothing. Some of his bikes were inspiring. For me at least.

I definitely would say I watched the show 75% for the bikes and the fabrication and 25% for the characters and the drama.

It's too bad about the cancellation. But since the split between Sr. and Jr., the quality of the bikes were getting not so good. So I was watching less and less. Still I would rather watch that then some reality tv show or crime drama. Oh wait, I guess it was part reality tv. Im with you JCW.



The Liberty Chopper blew me away how many years ago...

Its about entertainment and they entertained me.
Some of the creations were amazing, I dont think that there was a criteria for ride quality just wank value and they hit an 11 out of 10 for some of those bikes.
Some of those bikes were masterpieces, works of art!
I would watch an OCC episode over a Seinfeld or Friends episode anyday and I know who got paid more.
Quality bikes? definetely not, entertainment? absofukinlutely!

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
Dadicool59 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2010, 8:13 am
Rookie
 
Trickster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Leduc, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 59
The show started with unique custom builds and a dose of "shock" reality TV, that
most people doubted as real. Once the "shock" part wore thin, and Sr. & Jr. went
their different ways, the show kinda lost some of its "edge".

As a fan of all bikes, I did enjoy the builds, and hell who would not like to have a stable like
that.

I found the show mildly entertaining most of the time, but it focused too much on the
characters and not the bikes and technologies in the shop.

All in all

08K1200GT Adventurin Silver, Full Load
Trickster is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2010, 8:27 am
Veteran
 
BAK04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Meredith, NH, USA
Posts: 1,511
The show went from hand peen hard work and sweat..to an assembly line copy and paste make it fit soap opera...
BAK04GT is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2010, 10:43 am Thread Starter
JCW
contributor
 
JCW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 4,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by -CRASH-
(I have run several fab shops and factories and built several custom race bikes myself - I know what good fabrication quality is)
Let's see YOUR work and see if everyone loves it. Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

Internet trash talk is cheap. Put it up!!! I bet you won't.

OK maybe they weren't competent welders. Never said they were. It was the process that fascinated me.

Besides, in my book, rolling a handformed tank HAS to be respected until I can do it myself.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda

Last edited by JCW; Feb 13th, 2010 at 11:16 am.
JCW is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2010, 7:44 pm
Member
 
-CRASH-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Gatos, CA,
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW
Let's see YOUR work and see if everyone loves it. Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

Internet trash talk is cheap. Put it up!!! I bet you won't.

OK maybe they weren't competent welders. Never said they were. It was the process that fascinated me.

Besides, in my book, rolling a handformed tank HAS to be respected until I can do it myself.
Really JCW? Pretty childish, nice job. You made the douchebag list. Didn't have to come to this, I said my comment was a personal opinion and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder - did not pass judgment on your choice or you as a person, but since you are such an ass:

If you live on the east coast and drive across a bridge that has a movable barrier system and the machine that moves it, you have seen my work. In San Diego on the Coronado Bridge, you have seen my work. If you live in Dallas , Boston, New York, Puerto Rico, Hawaii ... you have seen my work. There are also light rail vehicles all over the country, Portland, Houston, Salt Lake City, Puerto Rico, and more that have my stamp on them. Not only do I build quality products, but they actually have to be certified as safe and functional. What I build is a hell of a lot more useful to the general public than a piece crap show bike that gets ridden once or twice and then put on display. What I build doesn't fall apart on it's way to just go on static display. I learned along time ago not to talk shit unless you have earned the right - I have earned the right and will call a poorly built piece of machinery when I see. I am qualified to do so. The fact that your amateurish skills are entertained by the crap they produced says plenty. Not only will I put up, I already have. Multiple times.

As far as not loving what I built? I don't give a fuck whether you or anyone else loves it - since I have had my drivers in Dallas shot at because we built the movable barrier system to help traffic flow better, I am familiar with negativity toward my products and handle it just fine.

And as far as internet trash talk being cheap - you proved that in spades.

- CRASH -
IBA# 21680
"Motorcycles and beer, that is how I know there is a God and that he loves us."
-CRASH- is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2010, 8:16 pm Thread Starter
JCW
contributor
 
JCW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 4,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by -CRASH-
Really JCW? Pretty childish, nice job. You made the douchebag list. Didn't have to come to this, I said my comment was a personal opinion and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder - did not pass judgment on your choice or you as a person, but since you are such an ass:

If you live on the east coast and drive across a bridge that has a movable barrier system and the machine that moves it, you have seen my work. In San Diego on the Coronado Bridge, you have seen my work. If you live in Dallas , Boston, New York, Puerto Rico, Hawaii ... you have seen my work. There are also light rail vehicles all over the country, Portland, Houston, Salt Lake City, Puerto Rico, and more that have my stamp on them. Not only do I build quality products, but they actually have to be certified as safe and functional. What I build is a hell of a lot more useful to the general public than a piece crap show bike that gets ridden once or twice and then put on display. What I build doesn't fall apart on it's way to just go on static display. I learned along time ago not to talk shit unless you have earned the right - I have earned the right and will call a poorly built piece of machinery when I see. I am qualified to do so. The fact that your amateurish skills are entertained by the crap they produced says plenty. Not only will I put up, I already have. Multiple times.

As far as not loving what I built? I don't give a fuck whether you or anyone else loves it - since I have had my drivers in Dallas shot at because we built the movable barrier system to help traffic flow better, I am familiar with negativity toward my products and handle it just fine.

And as far as internet trash talk being cheap - you proved that in spades.
So much hate you bring to this thread. You started the bashing, not me. All I did was start a thread about a show that inspired me.

Then you thumped your chest saying someone's work sucked and you're the expert.

I still have no idea what you do. Make movable barriers or build motorcycles.

I have no negative feelings toward movable barrier makers and have no idea what you meant by that.

BTW, I feel honored to make your douchebag list. The hate you have, it must be a mile long. Thanks.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda

Last edited by JCW; Feb 13th, 2010 at 8:30 pm.
JCW is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2010, 8:53 pm
Member
 
-CRASH-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Gatos, CA,
Posts: 101
You made a comment, I voiced my opinion, but since my opinion did not mesh with yours, you need to call me out to producing my work in comparison. I said I ran fab shops ... you even quoted it, you still don't know what I do? Is that how you are trying to get around that I called your bluff and "put it up"? Here is a tip ... I fabricate and build things ... of all shapes and sizes.

Thumped my chest? I am "THE" expert? There you go starting to lie to weasel your way out. The quote was .. scroll down to read it now ... I said I am QUALIFIED. Do you know what that word means? I will even type it again - slowly this time just for you, the quality of their work sucks and based on my experience, and background - I am qualified to say that. Period. When you start to misquote and lie to try and defend yourself, you have already lost.

And you actually don't know what I meant about negative feeling towards my work? Did you not ask to see if everyone LOVED my work? Really? You bring it up and then you missed that too?

Hate, yes I despise people like you that say something inanely stupid and then start to lie to get out of it instead of just fessing up like a man and deal with it.

Glad you enjoyed the show, again sorry for your loss. I am not weeping over it and am thankfully it has finally died. I will move along now to more interesting posts.

- CRASH -
IBA# 21680
"Motorcycles and beer, that is how I know there is a God and that he loves us."
-CRASH- is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2010, 9:04 pm Thread Starter
JCW
contributor
 
JCW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 4,827
OK... now that he's gone.

Back to the topic.

But really. I don't understand why people have to tear people down for simply doing something they have a passion for.

I respect the OCC guys for that.

I don't disrespect the guy above or the work he does. How can I?

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
JCW is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you dread that pointless bike conversation with a stranger? eljeffe Bike Talk 47 Aug 15th, 2008 1:52 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome