Spray-on Mud. Who sells it? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2010, 11:34 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Question Spray-on Mud. Who sells it?

Looking for some of this stuff: Spray-On Mud. Tried Amazon and no luck.

Surely someone sells it in the U.S. but I cannot locate a bottle or two of the stuff.

Anything such as a "Joke 4-wheel drive shop?"

Mack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2010, 1:08 pm
Addict-oholic

It is almost mud season here, and i can send a pound or more for free plus shipping and handling..

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2010, 2:05 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrykay
It is almost mud season here, and i can send a pound or more for free plus shipping and handling..

Only if your willing to find the appropriate bottle to squirt the stuff (in appropriate "state colors" of course) and print labels for them too. I intend to send them (gifts) to my speed-cam fiends in AZ who seem to have a penchant for getting same from the ever-growing number of AZ speed-cams - hidden and otherwise.

Mack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2010, 4:17 pm
Addict

I was in AZ on my k1300S last week. I am waiting for a Redflex letter or 4 to come in the mail, here in Louisiana. I agree that Mud is a great alternative. Just think of the people that get over on the cams like those hauling bicycles, wheelchairs, trailers.....

Spray mud it is!!

Gravity

2007 K1200 Sport -- Ev0 Filter x 2 -- Fire Breathing Dragon!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 11:26 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack
Looking for some of this stuff: Spray-On Mud. Tried Amazon and no luck.

Surely someone sells it in the U.S. but I cannot locate a bottle or two of the stuff.

Anything such as a "Joke 4-wheel drive shop?"

Mack
What you guys got no dirt and water there?
Living true to the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"?

08K1200GT Adventurin Silver, Full Load
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 2:14 pm

Try your local cruiser shop, they seem to excel in all things fake and contrived.

Regards,
Randy
'02 RT nacht black
'05 Ducati ST3 black
'06 K12S bumble bee
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 7:28 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky
Try your local cruiser shop, they seem to excel in all things fake and contrived.

Most cruiseristas I know spend too much time polishing their cruisers with a Q-tip. No way would they allow any "real mud" on them.

Fwiw, we went out and played with some "real mud" trying to cover up some co-workers's expired tags. It won't stick well and runs off. Probably wasted an hour trying to make a mess out of the back of his truck in the parking lot. Our efforts looked pretty bad too. There must be something in that Shropshire English Mud the guy sells that makes it stick better than CA mud.

Then we spent another hour looking for "Mud Wrestler's Mud" with no luck either. Someone said it really isn't mud as that would cause eye injuries. Still, we cannot figure out what that stuff is the "Wild Women" play in. Probably some kitchen creation. Guess I need to go to a strip club and ask Destiny or Angel. Alas, the pitfalls of research!

Mack
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 8:35 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster
What you guys got no dirt and water there?
Living true to the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"?
Tar Sand? But they may have to paint it on....!

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 3:07 am
Addict

If you are into mud you can make your own by mixing soil and water and squirting it out of a small garden sprayer. On the RS's you can make sure the pull-down fender extender at the rear is always in the up position.

Over here they've been known to use petrol disc cutters on the poles, chainsaws,aerosol building foam and tire necklaces. All illegal and it's never recommended to break the law.

Most electronic cams are naturally sensitive to infra red and Xenon (flash) discharge can emit lots of infra red. Once you filter the invisible it shows as no more than a dull red cherry glow, but cameras will get overloaded and show white pictures. Some cameras fixed in remote areas use wireless links too.

If you want to try it on a small scale, point your TV remote close to your digicam and take a shot.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 8:21 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
If you are into mud you can make your own by mixing soil and water and squirting it out of a small garden sprayer. On the RS's you can make sure the pull-down fender extender at the rear is always in the up position.

Over here they've been known to use petrol disc cutters on the poles, chainsaws,aerosol building foam and tire necklaces. All illegal and it's never recommended to break the law.

Most electronic cams are naturally sensitive to infra red and Xenon (flash) discharge can emit lots of infra red. Once you filter the invisible it shows as no more than a dull red cherry glow, but cameras will get overloaded and show white pictures. Some cameras fixed in remote areas use wireless links too.

If you want to try it on a small scale, point your TV remote close to your digicam and take a shot.
I think Mythbusters (a US TV show) did a test of those invisi-shields and they all got caught by the guy running the speed cams. At some speed, maybe as high as 230 MPH (?) they were a blur to the camera and he couldn't get a read.

I would thing mud in a sprayer would plug one up? Mine always seem to be plugged for whatever reason and I need to reverse flush them.

I'm about to find a paint ball gun and shoot stuff. Mud re-loader needed.

Mack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode