Venting - Just venting. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2010, 10:08 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Unhappy Venting - Just venting.

After 40 years of riding I've gotten pretty good at spotting squids. Today I almost blew my cool on one. He splits lanes to the front at lights but doesn't get ahead of the queue but actually held it up on the green light. He made several unsafe splits and actually was heading towards my area. I'm following him simply because I had no choice and he didn't check his mirrors or look over his shoulder once (typical CA thing). I make a right turn but he goes right from the center lane for my left front quarter panel and squeezes in ahead of me unaware of my Detroit Iron licking his rear wheel (as killing him was not a good choice). He then completes the turn, slows down and takes a paper out of his pocket to read directions while operating the bike at 15 MPH (45 speed limit) with one hand and plenty of traffic looking to get past him. Of course a 430 hp car doesn't like that and I gave up and passed the squid as safely as I could (I was sure he'd do something stupid again so I risked it). He flips me off (my car growls like it's always pissed off) as another car decides to tailgate him into a clue to move it.

I could just scream. He set himself up so badly and if he wasn't being followed by an aware driver, he would have been on his ass more than once. Like CA is spending my extra motorcycle fees on training and awareness. But then again you cannot fix stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2010, 8:30 am
JCW
contributor

They are the reasons motorcyclists have bad reputations.

If it's of any condolence, if he continues to be non-attentive on his ride, he'll probably find himself in the hospital soon.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode