POI Sys 6 helmet/streetguard jacket - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2010, 10:14 am Thread Starter

POI Sys 6 helmet/streetguard jacket

In Germany recently and went by a couple BMW dealers. Amazing amount of bikes and accessories. Lots of cool stuff we unfortunately don't have here.
I picked up a System 6 helmet. Just got back yesterday so I haven't had a chance to ride yet. Really nice fit and finish though. Thought about buying the bluetooth intercom but cash was tight.
I picked up the Sys 6 helmet and a pair of awesome BMW gloves at a smaller town dealer. The gloves have a rubber windshield wiper built into the left forefinger for wiping the helmet shield, very cool.
Guys at the smaller dealer were super friendly and great to talk with about bikes. Clearly into riding and gear. Stayed there way too long and chatted, lots of fun. Would have spent a lot more money if they had had things in my size.
Later during the trip I went by BMW Munich. What a bunch of pretentious jerk-offs. Not pleasant to deal with, not helpful, not especially friendly, no fun. Staff seemed to be less riders, more just employee's. I'm sure there probably are some good guys there but I didn't meet them. I ended up buying nothing just out of principle. Prices were also pretty high. Unfortunate really because the dealership is huge and they have a 2nd floor filled with cool merchandise.
Streetguard Rallye Pro 2 versus 3, for those considering - both super cool jackets with great features. The 2 has zippers, the 3 velcro on the pockets. The zippers on the 2 were easy to use and get in the pockets with or without gloves. The velcro on the 3 was tough. Angle of the pockets also seemed a bit difficult. I could access the pockets with gloves on wearing the 2. Couldn't access the pockets with gloves on the 3. Having tried both, I'm going to order the 2. The 3 had some extra straps and stuff and seemed a bit overkill. Hope that helps anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode