K75 fork seals job - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2010, 3:44 pm Thread Starter

K75 fork seals job

Hello I'm new to the site. My last bike was a 82 Honda silverwing interstate and I traded up to this '87 K75. Me and a friend did the clutch spline lube so far and now the fork seals job.
Both my fork seals are leaking so today I pulled off the rt side fork. Upon lifting the dust cap there was a spacer washer just flopping around on top of the seal!!!
The next surprise I got was the fact that there wasn't any circlip above the fork seal to remove!
Figuring that the previous owner did a butch job on the seals, slapped her back together until I could order some circlips to fit above the seals. Upon investigation it seems that mid year on the 1987 K 75 they went from no circlip above the fork seal to using a circlip after mid 1987. The microfich at the dealer shows the '87 with a circlip but when investigated with the actual VIN there is a note about early '87 K75 not having this circlip.
Can anyone tell me if this is correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2010, 4:56 am Thread Starter

Well , I'll answer my own question then. Last night I took the forks apart again and yes there is no circlip for the seals...there is a small lip that does bite on the seal however and does the same job. Overall this was a very easy job with the fender and fork brace being one of the buggers of the process instead of the actual seals!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode