Schuberth helmets - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2010, 2:11 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Schuberth helmets

I have an old Schuberth Concept helmet, and I found a painter who is going to bondo out my dings and repaint it. I did quite a bit of digging to find out where Schuberth has an office now, and I came up with this:

Schuberth North America
27111 Aliso Creek Road #175
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

Phone: +1 (949) 215-0893
Fax: +1 (949) 215-0469
E-Mail: [email protected]
Press Contact: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2010, 3:25 am
Veteran

There has been a lot of press about Schuberth - they just opened their North America offices, and plan to sell new helmets (through selected retailers) and service older ones. I suspect you will see the helmets at various BMW dealers around the country.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2010, 7:31 am Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Yes - as a matter of fact, the Aliso Viejo address is their North American office. I went there, and it's a small administrative office. No helmets for sale there. The receptionist told me they are working on building a dealer network.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2010, 11:52 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckwilmot
Yes - as a matter of fact, the Aliso Viejo address is their North American office. I went there, and it's a small administrative office. No helmets for sale there. The receptionist told me they are working on building a dealer network.

They have a very decent web site at www.shuberth.com. Looking forward to when they start selling their helmets here.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2010, 1:48 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbartlett
They have a very decent web site at www.shuberth.com. .

LOL! The Franz Schubert musical works? They do have a nice website, but it's at Schuberth.com. Yes, I am interested in the bluetooth neckroll thing, which it says will fit my Concept helmet.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2010, 2:17 pm
Veteran

Sierra BMW online has the helmets now. Very pricey.

Mack
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2010, 2:35 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckwilmot
LOL! The Franz Schubert musical works? They do have a nice website, but it's at Schuberth.com. Yes, I am interested in the bluetooth neckroll thing, which it says will fit my Concept helmet.
Sorry about that! That's what I get for not proofreading closely enough.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2010, 10:01 pm
Veteran

Why? Why would you want to wear an old beat helmet that very well may not protect your head in a get off?? Am I missing something is this refurbished old helmet going to be like an art project or a planter or something??

[QUOTE=chuckwilmot]I have an old Schuberth Concept helmet, and I found a painter who is going to bondo out my dings and repaint it.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2010, 9:36 am Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

[QUOTE=Erik]Why? Why would you want to wear an old beat helmet that very well may not protect your head in a get off????

I bought the helmet almost ten years ago and really like it. It fits well and I like the internal sun visor thingie. I dropped it a couple of times and dinged up the paint, which annoyed me, and eventually I bought a new Shoei (also a flipface), but I miss the Schuberth. There is no structural damage to the helmet, so I am not worried about lack of protection. Coincidentally I bought some paint for my bike, so I am having the helmet painted to match. $100 for a paint job is better than buying a new Schuberth... I just looked them up and a new C3 is $699.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2010, 11:57 pm
Noob

November is the month they mentioned, it will be C3 buying time in North America. Nice to replace my ten year old System 4... BUT the SRC intercom has one big flaw which you might want to consider before forking out 400 USD PER HELMET.... The rechargeable battery cannot be replaced.... So, you are looking at 400 dollars to spend every 2 to 3 years.. NICE innovative collar design. REALLY nice. But short lasting... And the FM radio also appears to miss a proper antenna to work satisfactorily. Sena is going to work on a replaceable rechargeable battery they told me in their top notch blue tooth intercoms... Buying the C3 ASAP and riding in silence with my wife until Sena is doing what Chatterbox has done a long time ago...Scala fails here too.. Quite a devious money maker for these companies. Make sure not to overlook that you get REPLACEABLE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES in your bluetooth intercom!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode