Help Re K100rs - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2010, 2:45 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Help Re K100rs

Hi All I Am New To This Forum But An Old Hand At Bike Forums .my Name Is Graeme I Come From Bendigo In Australia ,i Have Been Into Bikes For A Good 30 Yrs Or More ,but Classic Japanese , I Finally Did The Right Thing And Bought A Real Good K100rs , A Few Days Ago Brought Her Home On The Trailer ,need A Little Help It Had No Owners Manual ,is It Possible To Download One Or Can Someone Copy Me One ,happy To Pay ,need To Find Out Simple Things But Just Like To Know , How To Change The Clock ,the Fuel Guage Does It Only Light Up When Low On Fuel ,is There A Fuel Tap Hidden Somewhere Re Reserve ? And According To The Workshop Manual Cleaning The Speedo Sensor At The Drive Point Would That Fix The Fact That The Odometer Is Not Working ,only Little Things I Know ,i Really Love This Bike It Is So Different To What I Have Been Used To .got Talked Out Of Buying One A Few Years Ago ,and Bought A Yamaha Fj1200 Really Hated It ! So I Finally Got One
What A Great Bike ,look Fwd To Chating Lots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2010, 10:08 am
Veteran

Oooooh....an early K, hot cam and everything.

Any way because I had this already opened: http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/fiche.aspx

I went and looked and incredibly enough the owner's manual for the 84-89 is still listed, BMW part number 01479798447 at around $30.00 US.

And they are listed here as downloads, but my antivirus is telling me not to trust that site.

http://www.torrentdownloads.net/sear...Manual+English

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 2010, 9:23 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Smile thankyou

many thanks will look at the site and order one
regards graeme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 8:54 pm
Enthusiast

Thumbs up Hi -

Welcome to the club - I had an 85 K100RS - probably a littermate to yours. A joy to own and frankly to work on too. Not clear which workshop manual you have, many of us like the Clymer manual.

I now have a 2004 KGT - and love the technology and fear the repairs!!!!

Ride safely!!

"What follows is based on actual occurrences. Although much has been changed for rhetorical purposes, it must be regarded in its essence as fact. However, it should in no way be associated with that great body of factual information relating to orthodox Zen Buddhist practice. It's not very factual on motorcycles, either."

Robert Persig - Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

1985 K100RS (Sold)
2000 323i (Sold)
2003 1150GS (Sold)
2009 528Xi
2004 K1200GT
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2010, 1:44 am
Noob

K100RS Useful Link

Hi Graeme

Try this link for some additional Information - have found it very useful for the questions you have asked about...

http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech.shtml

Cheers
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2010, 12:34 pm
Rookie

Here's another resource: http://www.k11og.org/index.shtml
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 2010, 10:20 pm

Low fuel

G'day gracey,
To answer your question on the fuel light, there is no fuel tap on fuel injected bikes, when the red light glows you have about 35km. worth of fuel reserves. Strongly recommend you don't regularly run it that low. If the speedometer is working, it's not the pickup that is affecting your odometer.
My speedo quit 2 years ago and I didn't even bother to fix it this time. Way too much of a distraction anyway, I know I'm breakin the posted speed limit most of the time, can tell that by the tach and because the mirrors stopped vibrating at 140kph. Only thing I miss is the auto turn signal cancellation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode