PureGas.com - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2011, 5:32 pm Thread Starter

PureGas.com

Hey all, to find a nice lil 10% boost in mileage and power, go to this site, click on your state, then on your city, maybe there's still some good gas close to your home. I found mine about a mile from my home. Dickey

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=LA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 12:57 am
Veteran

Only 3 in CA? Our Yamaha dealer sells two types of "Racing fuel" or "For off road use only" gas that is ethanol free in two different octanes, but it's about $13 per gallon in some 5 gallon blue can (~$64 for 5 gallons + tax). Yippee! I know of some boaters that go to Nevada and get gas for their racing boats but never thought to ask "How much?" Yamaha parts guy said a lot mix their $13 gallon stuff with the normal $4 gallon stuff and say they are happy with the mix in their race bikes.

This stuff we have now is bad. Just spent the day trying to get the damn lawn equipment started out of winter recess (hooray for starter fluid!). KTM shop has some nice wavy orange gas tanks too on their new bikes and they suspect ethanol damage to the plastic tank

Mack
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 8:20 am
Addict

Blu-can is probably VP Racing fuel, orange is possible BP Race fuels. VP's GT104 is awsome, and one of the highest unleaded octane gas you can get. Although, if you're running a PCIII/PCV and are not using the O2 sensor, you can use 110LL fuel. 110 octane (LL is for Low Lead). Leaded fuels will foul your O2 sensor (white deposit), but many people that use LL in their cars just clean off the O2.

You can also mix your own w/ Toluene/Xylene, which I believe is 114 and 118 octane respectively. add some dino ATF for lubrication. You can calculate the resultant octane by volume.

2006 K12R Aluminum - 6/2007~current
-ESA, ABS, heated grips, sport bags.
-PCIII w/ dyno tuned street map
-Leo Vince Ti silencer
-HID main light
-HID aux lights
-dual air filters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 1:13 pm
Looking for better limits...

May be just an old-wives tale, but I understand that 110LL avgas has more tetra-ethyl lead than what was available with automotive pump gas when we had that generally available. Just can't seem to find the TEL levels in automotive gas.

From Wikipedia(Avgas):
As of Jan 2010, 100LL has a TEL content of 1.2 to 2 grams TEL[7] per US gallon (0.30.5 g/l) and is the most commonly available and used aviation gasoline. One gram of TEL contains only 3/5 of a gram of lead.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2011, 11:27 am
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
May be just an old-wives tale, but I understand that 110LL avgas has more tetra-ethyl lead than what was available with automotive pump gas when we had that generally available. Just can't seem to find the TEL levels in automotive gas.

From Wikipedia(Avgas):
As of Jan 2010, 100LL has a TEL content of 1.2 to 2 grams TEL[7] per US gallon (0.30.5 g/l) and is the most commonly available and used aviation gasoline. One gram of TEL contains only 3/5 of a gram of lead.
Ray,

It's not an old wives tale about 100LL. The key is it's Low Lead, not unleaded. We had kids in my Airframe and Powerplant classes that thought it would be great to use it in their cars, but one found out quickly enough it wouldn't pass emissions for some reason. All you have to do is look at plugs pulled from an aircraft engine...a real pain to clean the deposits before reinstalling them.

Phil
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2011, 12:49 pm
Veteran

I wonder if the 100LL aviation gas is the contributing factor of the lead in the ground water verses the story about the ban on lead wheel weights as the reason for the lead in the water supply? A few planes crop-dusting lead out of their exhaust would make for a more efficient means to spread the lead around, especially over water treatment plants.

I'd be more suspicious of lead fishing weights in the local rivers than tire weights, like a few dozen lures I've left snagged behind, but atomized av fuel could be a far bigger issue since it would be breathed as well.

Mack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode