Motorcyclist almost gets run off the road - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2011, 10:29 am Thread Starter
Addict
 
dwsdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshall, TX, USA
Posts: 549
Motorcyclist almost gets run off the road

Real scary stuff here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/27/p...oad/#continued

Doug Turner
'86 Concours
'99 K1200LT - gone
'06 K1200GT - the new kid in town
'08 Wing - gone
Marshall, TX
dwsdad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2011, 9:18 am
Senior Member
 
NikonJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Schenectady, NY, United States
Posts: 166
They both were wrong - the bike for passing on a double yellow after what appears to be a "healthy" pace on the road without so much as a chance for the truck driver to pull over and let them by. And then the truck drivers reaction which is completely inexcusable for trying to force the rider off the road and the ensuing chase...

Just a complete utter disregard for the law and other's safety all around IMHO.

"CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?"
Jeff Guntert - Schenectady, NY
2008 K1200GT
NikonJeff is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2011, 11:06 am
JCW
contributor
 
JCW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 4,827
I agree. Both seemed that they felt they "owned the road."


They both should lose their licenses for 6 months. And be sent to their rooms without supper.

Morons.


Off topic but...

What happens in a state with concealed carry and one or the other has a gun?

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
JCW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2011, 11:20 am
Senior Member
 
NikonJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Schenectady, NY, United States
Posts: 166
Based on the hot head in the pick 'em up truck, my guess is since he missed with the truck he'd try again with the gun... But he probably wouldn't have a CC permit as he "grow'd up thar..."


Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW
I agree. Both seemed that they felt they "owned the road."


They both should lose their licenses for 6 months. And be sent to their rooms without supper.

Morons.


Off topic but...

What happens in a state with concealed carry and one or the other has a gun?

"CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?"
Jeff Guntert - Schenectady, NY
2008 K1200GT
NikonJeff is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 6:12 am
Enthusiast
 
brentboshart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Atwood, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 398
In my opinion, smart bikers with loved ones at home are not confrontational with hot-headed people with four wheels.

Brent Boshart
10 R1200GS ADV (his)
09 K1300S Light Grey (hers)
brentboshart is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 8:15 am
Enthusiast
 
warregl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Richmond, VA, USA
Posts: 218
Road rage has become entirely too common these days. I had a fellow pull out in front of me last year and I had to swerve around him. Since he never saw me he thought I had cut him off and proceeded to follow me home, pulled right behind me in my garage (a detached building behind my house and enclosed in a fenced in back yard).

I would not consider myself a hot head and hadn't even responded to his insults and manic driving after he presumed I had wronged him (and that's all it was as there was no contact or even cause for him to brake when I went around him, he just felt wronged). But when he followed me on to my property and basically had me cornered in my own garage, I reacted to protect myself. I do have a CC permit and drew my pistol when he told me he was going to "whip my ass". All I said was "You need to leave now" and thankfully he did because I would have shot him. That's not bravado, I was not Dirty Harry and I was scared to death that I was going to have to shoot him. But while I was willing to drive away from him, ignore his insults, and even his dangerous driving, I refused to surrender in my own garage.

I called the police and filed a report but nothing came of it. I suppose I could have pushed it since I had a tag number but I let it go.

All of that because he thought he had been cut off. And lets say for the sake of argument that I had cut him off and he was completely justified in his indignation over my "bad driving", where is the sense of perspective?

Sadly this video is one more example of a problem that seems to be getting worse not better.

"I am a Cafe Racer myself on some days - and it is one of my finest addictions." Hunter S. Thompson
warregl is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 10:56 am
no power in the 'verse can stop me
 
shook sez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: n.e.ohia, , usa
Posts: 1,126
[QUOTE=JCW]. And be sent to their rooms without supper.




QUOTE]


No supper ?? That's a bit harsh, eh ?

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
shook sez is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:52 pm
JCW
contributor
 
JCW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 4,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by warregl
Road rage has become entirely too common these days. I had a fellow pull out in front of me last year and I had to swerve around him. Since he never saw me he thought I had cut him off and proceeded to follow me home, pulled right behind me in my garage (a detached building behind my house and enclosed in a fenced in back yard).

I would not consider myself a hot head and hadn't even responded to his insults and manic driving after he presumed I had wronged him (and that's all it was as there was no contact or even cause for him to brake when I went around him, he just felt wronged). But when he followed me on to my property and basically had me cornered in my own garage, I reacted to protect myself. I do have a CC permit and drew my pistol when he told me he was going to "whip my ass". All I said was "You need to leave now" and thankfully he did because I would have shot him. That's not bravado, I was not Dirty Harry and I was scared to death that I was going to have to shoot him. But while I was willing to drive away from him, ignore his insults, and even his dangerous driving, I refused to surrender in my own garage.

I called the police and filed a report but nothing came of it. I suppose I could have pushed it since I had a tag number but I let it go.

All of that because he thought he had been cut off. And lets say for the sake of argument that I had cut him off and he was completely justified in his indignation over my "bad driving", where is the sense of perspective?

Sadly this video is one more example of a problem that seems to be getting worse not better.
Nice.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
JCW is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 3:55 pm
DrD
Member
 
DrD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reston, VA, USA
Posts: 110
I saw this posted on another mc site. The follow up there stated the pickup driver was cited for reckless driving, vechiular assault (or something like that) and DUI.

When in doubt, apply more throttle.
2008 K1200GT, Dark Graphite, "#4, the Dancing Hippo"
DrD is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 9:34 pm
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA, USA
Posts: 1,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD
I saw this posted on another mc site. The follow up there stated the pickup driver was cited for reckless driving, vechiular assault (or something like that) and DUI.
I saw it too, but I have seen nothing in the press saying that charges were filed. Until I see that, I remain skeptical.
XMagnaRider is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michelin PR3s H96669 Tires 4 Aug 3rd, 2012 4:49 pm
Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road ? shook sez Humor 3 Jun 27th, 2006 11:22 pm
long story about last years ride KbikeLarry Ride Tales 0 Jun 27th, 2006 10:14 am

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome