contributor

Moto GP Assen- spoiler

Spies

Spies

Spies

Spies

Spies

He's officially an alien.

What about Simocelli? Can he be any more hated?

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 2011, 12:17 pm
Enthusiast

Yeah, Spies really owned the day after the crash between Simoncelli and Lorenzo. Being a Ducati man, I was thrilled with Rossi's fourth place and Hayden's fifth. For Valentino to start 11th and finish 4th wasn't too shabby.

What I find ironic about all the mouthing off Lorenzo has done this year about "Simoncelli's dangerous riding" is how Jorge was exactly like Marco a few years back - a loose cannon always high siding and taking out other riders. While not as prolific as Simoncelli this year, he was far from the refined champ he is now.

I still believe Sideshow Bob (the BBC announcers sobriquet for Simoncelli) will win or at least make the podium on several of the remaining races this season. He's lightning fast in qualifying and the Honda bikes this year are bitch slapping the rest of the field.

I also look forward to the new bikes and 1,000cc engines next year. Hopefully Ducati will once again rule the sport.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Enthusiast

I loved seeing Ben get his first GP win on Sunday but it would have been interesting if Marco could have stayed in the race, with his qualifying pace it could have been one hell of a race.

And I agree with dpancerz, he is fast and should see a podium or even a win this year, that is if if he can learn some patience. You cant win the race on lap one but you sure can lose it there. At least Lorenzo was able to limit the damage with his finish, I'm not a big fan of the current world champ (partially for the reason's mentioned) but he didn't deserve to be another victim of Marco's impatience.

"I am a Cafe Racer myself on some days - and it is one of my finest addictions." Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2011, 4:56 pm Thread Starter
JCW
contributor

If simoncelli can get out front with a clean track, he'll be hard to catch.

The issue is can he manage tire wear for an entire race instead of one flying lap.

Too bad about Ducati. The bike just doesn't have the pace in it this year (or last year with Stoner). Is it correct that Rossi was riding a 2012 model for the race?

Mugello will be VERY fun to watch.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2011, 5:32 pm
Enthusiast

Good point on him managing tire wear for an entire race at a winning pace. Maybe he'll get it together enough to show us this year.

And as for the Doctor and the Duc, I understood it that Rossi was racing the 2012 chassis with a new gearbox and the 800cc engine collectively called the GP11.1.

"I am a Cafe Racer myself on some days - and it is one of my finest addictions." Hunter S. Thompson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode