Sometimes it just don't feel right. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2011, 4:09 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Sometimes it just don't feel right.

Ever have one of those days? It's Sunday afternoon, sun's shining. A beautiful day for a ride. Or so you think!
Went out on what I wanted to be at least an hour long ride, and ended up home within 20 minutes. The cross wind was so strong I had to fight to keep the bike in my lane. Certainly wasn't feeling 'in control'..so erred on the side of caution and shortened my ride. To sum it up, somewhat 'bummed' about the whole affair.
Any of you ever come up against a 'nope, not today' moment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2011, 7:26 pm
Noob

wind

last week, side wind of 90 km/h on country road. I had my sister on the back. We had to cover the 120 kms to get home. I licked the ditch a few times, not fun at all.
Reduced the speed to 80kms/h but that was not better, I felt that I was going to fly away
the wind picking up on the side of my K13GT. Not recommended if you are new to riding motorcycle.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2011, 12:00 pm

Yes..
Was heading out on a longer winters day ride. I had a few who said they would like to tag along. They backed out at the last minute so it was just me. Had a few things delay me at the start so leaving 1.5 hrs later than I had planned. Realized it was going to make the route rushed to get back by dark. Headed out anyway, About 45 minutes out, just realized my head/heart just wasn't into the ride. Wound my way back home, called and surprised my wife and met her for lunch.

The other thing I have also noticed is on many mornings heading out to work I swing by an empty parking lot. I will do some tight figure 8s and turns and notice how comfortable I am with the bike and the tighter maneuvers. I will do some larger 8s and drag a knee a few times each way. Some days I feel very ragged and I have to work to get a 22 ft turn down or I find in the larger 8s I bounce a peg around and feel less stable. Other mornings it is like everything flows and the tight turns are easy at 20 ft or under. The knee touches easily and throttle control is like butter. I notice how I am one with the bike, or not ... and then adjust my riding accordingly. Sometimes if I am struggling a bit I will go back to some basics and relax, and then work to relax and work to keep head up and mind and eyes ahead of bike. Once I am better, I head on to the world of slab.

NCS

NC Piedmont rider
03 K RS
74 Honda CB750
76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode