Originally Posted by Papilio
Researched this here but nothing to help. Going from A to B the cruise will not work at all. Probably returning B to A it will work first and every time. Red light always comes on, but the cruise may or may not work. No rhyme nor reason to it as far as I can see. I have not altered the brake adjustment,, changed a light globe but the wires do not go that way. Not sure where to go with this one. Suggestions????
I would like to see more specific information. What I think you said is:
When you ride from place A to place B, the cruise control does not work. When you ride from place B to place A the cruise control sometimes works, but a red light comes on. You changed a light bulb, but you do not think that it had anything to do with my cruise control problem. (I agree!)
It might help if you share the following information:
* What year and model is your BMW motorcycle?
* What speed are you riding when you engage the cruise control?
* Where does the red light appear? Are there any symbols or icons on the display?
* Does the red light turn off when you switch off the cruise control?
* What happens when the cruise control is engaged (red light on) and you actuate the clutch lever? The front brake lever? The rear brake pedal?
* Are you able to test the various switches - cruise, brakes, clutch?
Does everything else work normally?
More details are better. Good luck!