speakers - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2012, 9:15 pm Thread Starter
Noob

speakers

Hello Fellow Riders
I have a 2003 LT and my rear speakers have finally given out! Does anyone know where I can get some good replacements. Preferably online since I live in a rural area of Kansas! Thank You!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 2012, 5:53 am
Addict

First you can try a Boneyard for exact oem replacements. But I'd look at one first. Measure its diameter and depth, is it oval or circular, is there any kind of waterproofing membrane over the top? Somewhere on it it probably says the resistance - normally about 8 ohms.

If the speakers are quite old, you will do best finding an equivalent size and resistance that fits with rare earth magnets and mylar plastic cones - do replace both as a pair! These newer speakers are more sensitive than the older designs and the plastic cones will be better at resisting moisture.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 9:43 pm Thread Starter
Noob

The blown speaker is 4 ohms. Don't really want OEM speakers as I bet they will be expensive and most likely not any better quality than aftermarket speakers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2012, 7:24 pm
Veteran

When I had my R1100RTL it had built-in speakers like the LT. After a year they sounded pretty bad. Never had much volume with distortion either.

I took it to a car stereo shop and they fitted some Polk speakers that were marine grade into the thing along with some sound foam or something behind them that improved the sound too. The old stock ones actually squeaked when they pushed into the middle of them. The middle portion of the speaker was the mid-range or treble, but it sure squeaked. New ones were more wattage and could be played at a higher level to hear them. Stock ones were pretty bad. BMW has never really had a decent audio system compared to other brands (i.e. Harley or Gold Wing).

Mack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode