Searching for a TX wrench - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2012, 7:05 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Searching for a TX wrench

We moved to Austin last summer from Boston. Up there, we had a fantastic dealer infrastructure - at least 3 in the area, though my dealer of Choice was MAX BMW in North Hampton, NH. Fantastic organization, both sales and service.

Down here in Austin, not so much. There's one game in town that I know of: Lonestar BMW and my dealings with them have left me cold. With the new locale comes a job with less free time to do a lot of the wrenching I used to do myself. I'm trying to find someone in the Austin area who works on "recent" BMWs (mine, specifically is a 2004 K1200RS, but I have a yearn to get another, probably GS.) Is there anyone outside of Lonestar you can recommend?

Thanks,
Allan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2012, 11:43 am
Enthusiast

Think you might be out of luck Allan unless you want to take a short ride north and use the BMW/Ducati dealership in Plano or the one in Ft. Worth that's really in Hurst. Sounds like you don't have a lot of free time so this might not be an option.

I've always read and heard great things about Lone Star. What did they do to piss you off? We used to have a most colorful character on this board named Griff who swore by them.

Best of luck.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2012, 11:17 am
Rookie

I had heard good things about Lone Star until they jerked me around when I decided to buy a K-bike. Alamo BMW (now Alamo Powersports) here in San Antonio didn't have any and LS had a couple. I put a hold on an 08, only to be told later, "Oh someone else already had a deposit, but we have an 06." So I put a tenative hold on it, but found the 07 K12 at Dream Cycles in Austin with more options and fewer miles. So I put a deposit on it, called LS back to cancel and suddenly the 08 was "available" again. Yeah right. After all the good I had heard about them, I still have a sour taste...

Alamo is probably a ways for you to go, but they treated my RT okay, and the little dealings I have had with them on the K12 have been good. A lot closer than Plano....

TexSon
1979 R65
2007 K1200GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode