A hunting i will go... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2013, 2:29 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Smile A hunting i will go...

Hi everyone Newbie here Been riding many years from Honda GLs to Bonneville's (still have 2) and at least 10 BMW's. I have a mint 03 RT with just over 5k that i am putting on the market in Fort Myers Florida and will then begin the search for a 06 to 08 K1200GT.
I had the pleasure of riding a GT last week at a dealer and was impressed though dont usually buy from a dealer........just not honest enough though there are exceptions be it rarely.

Keep the rubber side down and your knees in the breeze.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2013, 9:21 am
Noob

Good luck!

Hope u find what u r looking for at a decent price. I just joined this forum last night bc I'm bringing home my '85 k100rt today. 10k miles, all original , $1500! I got mine from a wholesaler and he worked tt&l into the deal as well. I will start disassembling/restore this wk. keep in touch and let us know what u come across!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2013, 7:36 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Hey Abbott

Thanks for writing and the best of luck with the new to you steed. Its great to hear about the challenges of a rebuild especially a nice one like that. We need pics. I think i may have found mine as well though i am a bit leary because its a 06 K1200GT and i have heard that they had surging issues. It has about 5k on the clock and i am in negotiations with the dealer with regards to my concerns.

Anyways keep the knees in the breeze as my old friend Christian Neuhauser used to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:45 am
Noob

Red face Ooh man..

Got a much better idea of my purchase last night. It is by far the cleanest 30 yr old bike I've ever owned. It looks like the plate over the plugs and the wires hv never even seen air, much less dirt or oil. It's been sitting since '97 hence the price. Unfortunately it was stored w a full tank of gas it's not the worst I've seen but its pretty bad. My son and I stripped the bike down to the frame and after pulling part of the fairing finally got the tank off. The gas has crystallized and I gotta figure out how to get it out wout killing the paint finish on the tank. The paint on this bike is staying on as I'm keeping it all original. Might try some CLR or simple green so I don't hurt any sensitive parts. Ordering tires and battery soon but not planning to put fire to the plugs anytime soon. Seems to hv good compression but may hv to get into the throttle bodies bc of the fuel sitch. With that being said, I love this bike! Enough bout mine. The 1200GT sounds really nice. I've heard about the issues and hopefully they r not that common. I believe that might be the model I see our local peace officers on here in Austin. I talk to them occasionally and I'll ask if they hv had any issues w em... Ill gets some pics up eventually and oh yeah.. I look more like Costello. Heehee!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode