Cleveland International MC Show Today - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2006, 12:03 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Cleveland International MC Show Today

The best part of the show was being able to ride for 5 hours in the warm weather to get there and back.

The worst part was the incredible number of ugly bikes under one roof.

As a group, the Victory cruisers were the best looking but suffered from over-stylized fenders and poor fitting trim pieces. Great paint jobs and a great looking engine from the right side (not so hot from the left).

The best looking single bike was the BMW R1200S in red and white. Second best was the Royal Enfield Classic 500 in British green with gold pin stripping.

The Kawasaki ZX1300 looks better in the magazines than in person. The plastic pieces and the Ninja emblems look cheap. The body-work also looks ready to deliver large amounts of engine heat onto the rider. A big disappointment.

Sat on the new FJRs and was surprized as to how top heavy they are. The version with the paddle shifter looks strange without the clutch lever but the rest of the bike with the silver paint looks okay.

Got to sit on the new BMW GT. The bars were in the high position which allowed me to lean back. Actually too far back. I wonder if there is someplace to attach highway pegs? The metallic white is better in person. The overall impression is that of a utilitarian vehicle with motor scooter styling.

The new Guzzies are especially ugly. You have to see them in person to understand just how ugly.

Honda didn't have anything new. Neither did Ducati.

HD didn't have anything new but then they try to make their bikes look out of date. This year they appear to be going for ugly and out of date.

Lastly, the Suzuki and Kawasaki cruisers are morbidly overweight and should be shot and put out of their misery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2006, 12:06 pm

Glad you enjoyed the ride!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2006, 4:43 pm

I was there on Saturday...

...I thought the BMW HP2 was outstanding. I only wish I could think of one single reason to buy one. I know it will vibrate and you'll be stopping for gas every 100 miles...but I still want one.

Regarding the HD display... I managed to sneak in there withOUT wearing a black T shirt and actually enjoyed sitting on the flat black painted Bobber-style model. That was kind of fun. It would be nice under 50 mph.

Now the HD crowd can start saving their money for the next few months to replace the salt-pitted chrome they exposed to those dirty roads yesterday!

(You know they say that over 90% of all Harleys EVER produced are still on the road today - the rest made it all the way home.)

Chuck V.
'02 K1200RS (White & Blue...the FAST color)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2006, 1:34 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckV
...I thought the BMW HP2 was outstanding. Chuck V. '02 K1200RS (White & Blue...the FAST color)
Chuck, I forgot about the HP2. It was outstanding! Got distracted at about that time as the sales reps just noticed that the badges on the GS had been swiped from both sides of the tank.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2006, 12:07 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckV
...I thought the BMW HP2 was outstanding. I only wish I could think of one single reason to buy one. I know it will vibrate and you'll be stopping for gas every 100 miles...but I still want one.

Regarding the HD display... I managed to sneak in there withOUT wearing a black T shirt and actually enjoyed sitting on the flat black painted Bobber-style model. That was kind of fun. It would be nice under 50 mph.

Now the HD crowd can start saving their money for the next few months to replace the salt-pitted chrome they exposed to those dirty roads yesterday!

(You know they say that over 90% of all Harleys EVER produced are still on the road today - the rest made it all the way home.)

Chuck V.
'02 K1200RS (White & Blue...the FAST color)
The rest made it home.HAH I Love it!!Lol

Jim S.
* Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode