THINK! Bike safety TV campaign in UK. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2006, 6:19 pm Thread Starter
Addict

THINK! Bike safety TV campaign in UK.

Saw this 30 second Ad on our TV's last week. On the TV it was pretty realistic. It's aimed at cagers, to raise awareness and reduce biker accidents. I managed to track down an AVI file, 3megs if you are on broadband. Interesting how they shot it from the cagers perspective, but I still felt the crunch. No, he wasn't on a cell, on a giratory with a cigarette in the other hand - which I saw this week.

I'd be interested to know if you run this sort of thing as well. I don't quite understand why it ran last week when it was so cold most bikers were off the road. Spring/Summer would have been better. But perhaps this was just a tester

Here's the AVI file link:

http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/ca...a/howclose.mpg

Here's the website:

http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/ca...orcycles02.htm

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2006, 6:42 pm
Looking for better limits...

The nimrod that originally went on the air locally fussing over bikers sharing/splitting/filtering during the commute was taken to task by the local motorcyle group (BARF) and the radio station came out with it's inital PSA. More are expected, but it's a start...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2006, 7:45 pm
Enthusiast

First viewing got my attention!

Geeze, if first viewing doesn't make you flinch, you are probably on sedatives.
Detraction is the driver nealing on strategically placed towels (hate to get those slacks dirty).

03K12RS
:wtf Joel Callan :wtf
Milwaukee, WI 53222

Homepage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2006, 2:30 am
Enthusiast

Thumbs up Result oriented...

I would love to see some TV spots here in the States that were similar. Radio is good too. I didn't know that there was a PSA in the Bay area. Thanks Wizard. Hey, I am just as pissed as anyone about the irresponsible chatter from that station.... But how about making some lemonade out of that lemon? Let's all get on the reinforcement machine and let them know how much we support those PSA's and how all the 2-wheelers will listen to that station when it is bike-freindly. Anything to make folks think about us in a positive way is useful. Cheers.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2006, 5:40 am Thread Starter
Addict

When I first saw it I was quite shocked as a biker. But then I started wondering what the reaction would be from non-biker cagers, which is where the message should be going.

Afterwards, I thought it should have been more heavy on the cager, rather than just appeal to their sense of responsibility and show damage to their door. I think the bike should have come through the window, perhaps with a young child in the cage too. The sad result depicted by the biker actor whould have been shared a bit more.

After all, cagers always thinks they are fully protected and invincible - which is the attitude they should have covered in the safety ad.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2006, 12:00 pm
Veteran

vox,

Thanks for spreading that - when I saw it on TV my reaction was that they're finally targeting car drivers as dangerous too - and not only depicting bikes as hooligan riders who ride too fast for bends and filter through traffic into cars turning...

More of this sort of stuff! Or may I suggest replacing the airbags with big spikes - if you hit it, it's "Game Over" - I betcha they'd drive much more safer!

Now can anyone give me a few pointers on how to reduce the gyroscopical effect from the shaft drive when pulling wheelies... I've not really gotten used to that.. :p

F800GS - Grey/Black
KTM SuperDuke R
K1200R - Yellow/Black - Crashed 2008-09-01. I'm an eedjit.
Site: JLHPv5, Weblog: JLHPBv2
'Ring Toy - Evo Race Filters - Sportec M3 - Sandbar Dogbones - Tidy Tail - USB Power Plug - eTrex Legend C - Abba Superbike stand - R&G Crash Protectors (tested!) - Relocated Battery - Pirelli Diablo Corsa III (190/55 rear) - Evo O2 Modifier - Pazzo Levers - Earl's Straight Braided Brake Hoses - Wilbers Fully Adjustable Shocks Front and Rear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode