Got the Winter Blues..or..Lane Splitting Japanese Style - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 7:09 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Smile Got the Winter Blues..or..Lane Splitting Japanese Style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-MtX...rch=motorcycle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 8:08 am

Incredible, I couldn't watch the whole thing... I think it was the two trucks in the tunnel that did ME in.

Does he make it to where ever he is going?

Erich
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 9:37 am
Riding in company

Her certainly did shorten his commute and make it more interesting at the same time. It also occurred to me that there appear to be more twisties in the city of Tokyo than in the entire state of Florida.

BillA
Jersey Shore
K1200RS '04
BSA Victor '68ish
Club Car golf cart '92
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 2006, 3:48 pm
Addict

When it first started I thought, well I do a bit of that, but then Hey, is that speedo really saying 100mph? when I might do 30mph tops?

If it's really 100km/h that's still 62mph and pretty quick. I wonder what body armour he wears.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2006, 8:42 am
Enthusiast

Wow what a ride, was 100kph though, still pretty quick. Looks like the majority of traffic was large trucks, causing huge backups. The US is getting that way with way too many trucks congesting up the roads during rush hour in the bigger cities. It would be nice if during heavy traffic times to limit the hours big trucks can transit through, limit them to off peak hours. Good to see BMW in Japan, saw a BMW sign atop a building about 60 seconds before end of video.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2006, 1:31 pm

got some decent balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbeast
The US is getting that way with way too many trucks congesting up the roads during rush hour in the bigger cities. It would be nice if during heavy traffic times to limit the hours big trucks can transit through, limit them to off peak hours.
Welcome to southern california, toyko isn't that different from our traffic. The guy has balls though, I'll give him that! I have seen squids and CHP's do some crazier stunts while splitting lanes.
Most major cities have business routes around the city that should help with truck congestion. The problem is that many thriving metropolis area are expanding into these routes. Just another road in life.

ONON-
Mark
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2006, 5:45 am
Addict

We've got 'congestion charging' in London now. Cages and trucks are charged about $16 to enter the central zone, monitored by cameras snapping number plates automatically and sending out fines to non payers.

Fortunately, bikes and certain dual energy vehicles don't pay, so that means less traffic and more road for bikes. Public transport vehicles are largely exempt from pollution testing and have their own lanes, so those not using cars jump on buses belching out diesel fumes.

The Dual electric/petrol car concession is interesting though. They run low speeds off their big battery in towns, then charge up the battery when petrol powered. Now a simple energy concept tells you that whilst pullution is reduced in the city, the same pollution is just moved to the urban highways when the cage is running on petrol and putting energy back into its battery!

I never can understand these environmental arguments end to end.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2006, 10:37 pm
Enthusiast

One thing that would really help...and we need to fight for, is having restricted hours for trucking. Long Beach harbor in CA was working on that. The idea is to have most truck deliveries designated to only happen at night in congested urban areas. Beautiful. The truckers might complain at first, but it seems that, since there is less traffic then anyway, that deliveries would be more efficient. I am no expert, but something has to give somewhere. Where the hell is my personal flying saucer car? .Back in the '60's it was promised to be here by now. Well, at least I got my K!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 6:52 am
Addict

We have some truck deliveries at night. But when stores are built in residential areas, nobody wants to be woken up to truckers off loading at 3am. Fine for out of town malls though.

They did some research recently, something anybody could have told them for free, and the most annoying thing about truck deliveries was their loud safety reversing alarms.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 2:30 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
They did some research recently, something anybody could have told them for free, and the most annoying thing about truck deliveries was their loud safety reversing alarms.
Experienced that one evening. Flat-bed tow truck stopped at a red light, but about a car length back from the limit line. He's lost...and now he needs to get out of the left lane and over to the right. No backup lights, just that beeping. Thank gawd for small favors. I'm on the horn, but he can't see me in his mirrors (taller then what my headlamp lights up) and he's got no backup lights. So, after a brief pause, continues to backup. Oh, for a reverse gear! On the horn (long blasts, brief pause, another long blast) while I'm madly backpedalling. FINALLY he turns around to look out the rear window and sees me. Was losing ground until he finally stopped.

Ended up he needed to be in the left lane after all, but for once, I have to say that annoying reverse warning noise was a bit of music to my ears. [/hijack]

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode