MSF ERC Range Diagram - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2006, 9:44 am Thread Starter
Addict

MSF ERC Range Diagram

Hi All,

Did a bit of digging around and can't seem to locate a ERC range diagram.

I'm goig to be takign it in April and I'd like to see what I'm in for and go practice a bit - does anyone either have one or kn ow whaere I can take a gander at one?

Thanks!
alow

2003 BMW K1200GT (Orient Blue) (Fast)
1982 Honda MB5 (Not So Fast)
IBA #22048

"This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2006, 4:24 pm
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by alowishus
Hi All,

I'm goig to be takign it in April and I'd like to see what I'm in for and go practice a bit - does anyone either have one or kn ow whaere I can take a gander at one?

Thanks!
alow
Good question. First thing you need to do is determine which ERC you'll be taking. Could be the old one, could be the revised one. The State of Ohio was kinda late in rolling out the newer ERC.

And, just wondering here, why do you feel the need to practice something like the ERC ahead of time....without benefit of the instruction you'll be paying for??

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2006, 11:00 pm Thread Starter
Addict

It is the updated curriculum - just wanted to get an idea of what maneuvers we'd be working on...

You are correct - I paid to attend the class - don't know why doing research ahead of time would taint the class.....

Thanks anyway!
alow

IBA #22048

"This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2006, 2:03 am
Looking for better limits...

It's all in how you look at it

Eh...research would enable you to avoid any slightly embarrassing moments, because of your concentration on just the ERC cource before hand.

But, it's not about looking good...it's about showing you what needs improvement. Take the chance...let yourself "fail", and be called on it. Your increased focus on making it right down the road will serve you far better.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2006, 8:12 am

Quote:
I paid to attend the class - don't know why doing research ahead of time would taint the class.....
I don't believe I came right out and "said" that research would taint the class.

But, now that you've brought it up...

Here's what I used to see when I was teaching MSF here in the great State of Ohio.
And, for the record, I focused strictly on the MRC/RSS and the later BRC classes.

You get a percentage of type A overachievers who absolutely refuse to leave their egos
in the trunk of their car and show up thinking that they're a "natural" at this motorcycle
riding thing. They don't want to listen to the instructor, they're busy eye-fookin their GF
( who's thaking the class with them ), or just otherwise being a disruption to peeps who ARE there to learn.

Or, you get the ones who have been riding for twenty years and just know for a fact that the demonstration YOU JUST GAVE can't possibly work that well cuz they've never done it that way.

Or, and here's the issue I have with your "research", they show up with a good idea of the actual layout of the course they 'll be riding, but NONE of the theory or technique behind why it will be ridden that way.

OTOH, the "new and improved" MSF curriculum is all about the students teaching themselves in a controlled environment, so getting the layout ahead of time may well work to your advantage

I taught a lot of students over fourteen years of playing instructor, the one's who did the best were the ones who managed to show up without any preconceived notions and actully tried the techniques we showed them.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2006, 9:59 am Thread Starter
Addict

The cynicism of K-bikes....

So I ask a simple question - I'd like to see a range diagram for the ERC course - even practice it if I got a chance.

I end up with people thinking I'm going to show off, etc.

Fact of the matter is - I'd like to know what the exercises actually are - is that too much trouble to ask? Apparently it is with alot of folks around here....

I understand what shook is saying - but it is implying that I am trying to "one-up" the class in some form.

This is the fundamental problem with this medium - people tend to think they know what people are REALLY asking, when in reality, sometimes, people are actually just tryin to ask an honest question.

I'll definitely think twice before asking assistance from the community - I don't need to receive grief when all I wanted was an answer to a question that I know people have experience with......

alow

IBA #22048

- Hunter S. Thompson
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2006, 10:11 am

Quote:
So I ask a simple question -
" I understand what shook is saying - but it is implying that I am trying to "one-up" the class in some form."

Oh, puhleaze........nobody here has implied that YOU want to "one up" the class.

"This is the fundamental problem with this medium - people tend to think they know
what people are REALLY asking, when in reality, sometimes, people are actually
just tryin to ask an honest question."

Couldn't have said it better myself. You got an answer that you didn't like, and
immediately read more into it than was there.

"I don't need to receive grief when all I wanted was an answer to a question
that I know people have experience with......"

Again, I gave you an answer............AND, I actually provided you with some of the
"experience" you were looking for. Experience, I might add, from a perspective that
you might not get from other members of the site.

Why the whining?

Take the ERC, enjoy yourself. Hope you get your money's worth.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2006, 12:46 pm
Throttle Jockey

The only way to get the layout and exercises in advance is if a Rider Coach
will let you borrow or copy his manual and range cards. The Rider Coach can't
do that.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2006, 1:27 pm Thread Starter
Addict

That's all I needed to know - thanks Rick

IBA #22048

- Hunter S. Thompson
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2006, 1:35 pm
Enthusiast

Talking

Don't worry take the MB5 you will be a whiz. Please don't beat me

Wow I didn't know BMW made motorcycles, Yeah I think Honda does too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode