stoped for speeding? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 7:01 am Thread Starter
Veteran

stoped for speeding?

thinking of using a detector....but was wondering how many people really have been pulled over for speeding and that compared to a ticket or just a warning in the end...seems like when i talk to riders most get off with just a warning unless there was some other crazy stunts involved for witch they were ticketed..radar really work all that well with the narrow profile that a bike has?....never been pulled over but maybe i have just been lucky?.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 8:03 am
Enthusiast

Stopped five times,received four tickets and was let go once.Three of the times was before purchasing my 8500,two after purchasing my 8500.Once with the radar detector on the Blue Ridge,he used instant on,gave three of us tickets.The other time was on an 18 degree morning,I let him sneak in behind me and he never used his radar,he let me go,he was a rider,we chatted about the bike and he told me to slow down.This was over a three year period,one year an six mounts on a LT (1 ticket),two years on a GT (3 tickets).

Enjoying The Ride. Eddie Layton
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 11:38 am
Addict

In four years 60,000 Miles I got pulled over once and one speed ticket.
I allways ride with my Valetine One radar. I allways exceed the speed limit.

Bazra
aka: The Flash
So fast you can't see me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 12:02 pm

I did not get a ticket but a funny story...

I got pulled over by the local Navy base police. When he stopped me he asked, "do you know how fast you were going?" I told him, "well, right around speed limit but I was getting ready to turn so I was paying more attention to not getting hit" His reply nearly made me lose it, "Well, I don't know how fast either but I thought it was over the limit." Once I knew he would not be able to ticket me, I could only look at my bike and say, "what can I say, its a BMW, if you ask me it looks like it is exceeding the limit on it's sidestand."

Enjoy!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 1:29 pm
Enthusiast

Thumbs down Speeding in WI, good source of revenue

Speeding in WI is almost a certain ticket if stopped. Here they seem to use it more to generate revenue than issue warnings. Just my experience. Your experience may vary, would be great to hear for others experience in this state.

03K12RS
:wtf Joel Callan :wtf
Milwaukee, WI 53222

Homepage
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Unhappy

I never seem to get out of them. I always seem to carry at least two on the books...as one drops off I seem to get another. Been that way for 30+ years. Just can't seem to slow down.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 5:49 pm
KTM

Cool Radar detector has saved me mucho money in fines.

California Highway Patrol do not give warnings.Well at least not in my 35 years of CA.motorcycling exp.I even recieved an award for 49mph in a 45mph Zone
KTM
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 7:00 pm
Lee
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03k12RS
Speeding in WI is almost a certain ticket if stopped. Here they seem to use it more to generate revenue than issue warnings. Just my experience. Your experience may vary, would be great to hear for others experience in this state.
My wife got a warning in Wis. when doing about 20 over. She was catching up with me after being behind some slow cars. She gave the patrol officer puppy eyes, telling him she did not know where we were going and she was trying to catch me so she would not get lost. The patrolman came up to where I was waiting on the shoulder and chewed me out for not waiting for my wife.

Lee Fillian
Creston, Iowa
03 K1200RS

Last edited by Lee; Mar 5th, 2006 at 9:41 pm.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 7:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM
California Highway Patrol do not give warnings.Well at least not in my 35 years of CA.motorcycling exp.I even recieved an award for 49mph in a 45mph Zone
KTM
I would agree with you. I once set my cruise on 66 in a 65 while following a CHP. He slowed down, drifted behind me, stopped me and wrote me up for 67 in a 65. He didn't show in court but it was a real PITA for me. I was working 12 hr night shifts. Got off at 6, slept on the courthouse steps until they opened, Judge called my name, no officer, made me wait until all the other cases were done and then dismissed mine about noon so I could go home, get 3 hrs sleep and go back to work. --Jerry
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 8:00 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
The patrolman came up to where is was waiting on the shoulder and chewed me out for not waiting for my wife.
We've discussed this at some length, and have decided that she owes you, big time.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode