Has anyone used the BMWON Anonymous Book while traveling? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2006, 5:18 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Has anyone used the BMWON Anonymous Book while traveling?

I'll be traveling from NM to the midwest in a few weeks to visit family. I was thinking of using the Anonymous book for places to stay on the way when I am not camping. Has anyone else done this on a trip?

Thanks to all who respond.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2006, 5:57 pm
Looking for better limits...

I believe the Anonymous Book is for assistance for mechanical issues, not places to stay, if I understand your question. Not saying those folks listed won't be able to advise on good places to stay, but I don't think they're listed as anything but motorcycle downtime assistance.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2006, 6:47 pm
Rider Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
I believe the Anonymous Book is for assistance for mechanical issues, not places to stay, if I understand your question. Not saying those folks listed won't be able to advise on good places to stay, but I don't think they're listed as anything but motorcycle downtime assistance.
Howdy Razel,
Actually some of the contributors have "spare room", sheltered bedroll, camping space. I have not used it......yet, but I imagine calling ahead and "checking it out" would make good sense.

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05
'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
RCB, AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2006, 7:06 pm

I have had very good luck using the anonymous book for two breakdowns. It only took a couple calls before I found a helpful soul to get me out of a bind. One was just a friend in the night, and the other has become one of my closest rally friends.

I've never used it for the spare room or camping space like BillyOmaha said; however, I have used it many times to meet another owner for coffee in a strange town.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2008, 6:50 am

Arrow Anonymous Book

When i was heavy into touring and an MOA member a few years ago (i retired for 7 years) and now i'm back "at it" .... Hence "Old Geezer"...

Anyway used it a few times to "hook-up" for coffee....... on the other hand i was able to help 3 different guys on 3 different occasions, even "putting" a couple of them up......

I felt pretty good about that, I've spoken to long time MOA members who never ever got a call.....

I'm pretty well out of touring now, just dayrides with this little K-75 S i have here now. (i was always a boxer guy) but i've been thinking of re-joining MOA I understand they will give you your old number back...... not to brag but i was one of "The Top Recruiters" in 1994

Regards; Dave
1987 K-100 RS
One life, live it........!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2008, 8:44 am
Statmaster

The MOA Anonymous Book is worth it's weight in gold. I never leave home without it.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode