Need Bike Advice - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2014, 6:33 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Need Bike Advice

Hello World, first post here. I have need of your knowledge and wisdom.

I am a 6 month owner of a 2012 K1300S, great bike, I love it. I came from a 2006 FJR. The much more sport then touring bike is fun, but I am missing the closer to touring than sport side of the FJR. So, I am looking to add another bike. I can't spend a ton and have been looking at a 2002 R1150RS with 65K miles on it. (They are cool bikes!) I had never ridden a boxer before and it is a lot of fun (after stalling it twice pulling out on the test ride, I am 47 and have been riding since I was 15). I also have seen a couple of 2002 K1200RS on Craigslist with 20Kish miles on them. They look more toury too, what should I do???? What is the difference? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Dec 17th, 2014, 6:48 pm

The R would be better if you are looking for a more relaxed touring mode. The 02 RS is a bit more sport with a fair amount of forward lean. i bought an 04RS because the difference from the older 02 style to the newer 04 style was quite noticeable. Since you have an S already I wouldn't see an RS as enough of a relaxed difference to spend the money.
Besides the occasional ride I don't any experience with R bikes in terms of ownership. They seem to be fine from people I know. I would have had an R bike already but wife said not another bike this year.
Waiting for that calendar to turn over.
Buy the R.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode