concider other riders - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2006, 6:19 pm Thread Starter

Lightbulb concider other riders

First I would like to publicly thank anyone that stops and helps other riders despite the make of bike that you,or they ride.
Its nice to know that if you have a blow-out or are just broke down other riders will stop and offer a hand ,a kind word, the use of there cell phone or even food and drink, this happened to me recently (Belle Glade So again thanks for all who stopped or asked if I was ok, and just think next time you pass by a fellow rider that is on the side of the road ,maybe it could be you ? just take a moment out of your ride and stop.
I KNOW I WILL NOW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2006, 8:39 pm
Veteran

Put your helmet on the ground!

I will only stop now if I see the helmet on the ground (international distress sign) and of course if it's obvious there's a problem. To many times I've stopped only to find that they were just taking a nature call only to have to pass cars all over again.

02 K12RS (Molested)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2006, 9:03 pm
Looking for better limits...

If I see somone early enough, and the helmet isn't off and on the ground, I'll give a thumbs-up as a query. If I don't get a positive response, I'll usually stop. Some folks need assistance, but for some reason get dumbfounded when asked. If it was a nature call, they always respond quite quickly...probably because they don't want to confess to the nature of the stop.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2006, 10:49 pm
Veteran

stopping

Friend of mine, bike mechanic, builds trikes and has more bikes in his shed than I can count. Saw a guy in obvious distress on side of the road. (you figure out the make of bike)

"Need any help"

"When I need help from some ^%%$# riding a Jap heap of shit I will go and **^&^$ myself"

Showered him with gravel as he took off
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2006, 11:48 pm

Great response... should have reminded him that though his bike is assembled in the US of A, a good deal of the parts likely came from the same parts factories as the rice burner!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2006, 12:36 am
Addict

Reminds me of the Harley rider that told me he would rather push his Harley than ride my Jap bike.Told him it looked like we both got what we wanted as I would rather ride my Jap bike than push his Harley. And I left him there.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2006, 9:37 am

Knew one of the guys from the Honda Valkyrie club I used to be in who always wore a HD leather jacket.....He pulled up at a gas station and a guy on a Harley asked him, "Hey, why do you ride a Honda bike and wear a Harley leather jacket?"

His reply: "Well, I guess if Harley made a better bike and Honda made a better jacket, then I'd switch..."
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2006, 9:00 pm
Enthusiast

On the other hand...

Riding the other day and a Harley pulled up in my lane at the light. Rude? Nope. He wanted to give me a thumbs up on my K-bike. I did likewise fer the hog. Not all badguys. I have stopped for a broken down Harley before and was much appreciated. Yup, got plenty of those other surly posers too. I just laugh at them and leave em in the dust.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2006, 11:45 pm

Beer and schnitzel, they can appreciate those things more than sushi!
:wtf
I have ridden with several Hogs and haven't had problems (honestly I would rather ride with some of them than some of the guys that do 120+ on one wheel). The only thing is when they go around a 40 MPH curve at 35MPH, they nearly drag their dress on the ground... kind of made me feel like a real sunday drive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode