Average Mileage - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2006, 12:19 pm Thread Starter

Average Mileage

Why is it that everyone but me has an unusually low amount of mileage on their high dollar sport touring bike? Kelly blue book states that average mileage for a 1200 cc bike is 5500 miles per year. I strongly suspect that alot of these unbelievably low mileage bikes are in fact a reflection of an owner that wishes to fight depreciation by rolling back the odometer! There...I said it. Now burn me at the stake. It's a real shame that honest sellers have to compete with these crooks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2006, 2:51 pm
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMechanic
Why is it that everyone but me has an unusually low amount of mileage on their high dollar sport touring bike?
So....................how many miles DO you have on your high dollar sport touring bike?

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2006, 3:16 pm Thread Starter

Well, I'm glad you asked. Today I have 19,000 miles on my 04' GT. Tomorrow, I'm rolling back the odometer to 1900 miles. Then, all I have to do is come up with a phony excuse as to why I never rode a twenty thousand dollar motorcycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2006, 4:00 pm
Veteran

mmmm....well...us in the bmw world dont have to worry about that because we only buy new bikes....and....we turn back the miles on our trade ins....thats only if we do trade them in...sometimes we fill the stable with one for each day of the week.....just giving you a hard time!!...but you might be right..but i dont think that a good dealer would miss that and therefore you really have to look at the reputation of the dealer..and ask..ask...ask... questions.... and some i think are stored in memory but not sure.but that sounds like a good average overall...im sitting here looking at my neigbors and there bikes havent even gone out this year...they took them out this march....put them out front and there they sit...in nh we have around 60,000 bikes reg. the most pre capita i would like to know what the avg miles are on the bikes in this state....have to look it up...but hey have a good day!...gotta match?

Last edited by BAK04GT; Apr 10th, 2006 at 4:10 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode