New member and 2005 K12S details - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2016, 9:15 am Thread Starter
Noob

New member and 2005 K12S details

Hey all,
I am a new member from the mountains of western North Carolina. Been riding about 4 years now. A good buddy and riding partner recently made me a offer I couldn't refuse for his 2005 K1200s. The bike was bit by the Dragon last may, but all parts save for a few nuts and bolts are with the bike, plus many spares and extras. A very good friend and riding buddy is going to put the bike back together for me as a favor. He has the tools, room, and time. All my current wrenching time is occupied by my 99 VFR800 project bike. Anyways, The bike has 68k miles, is dealer maintained with service records and has more add-ons and farkles than most GS owners probably have haha! Full ohlins less than 15k miles ago, verholen 85mm risers with custom lines, Rick Mayer saddle, PDM60 power distribution block, some carbon fiber bits from Bestem, almost new tires, IAC and cam chain guard both done, MRA Vario screen, BMW sport saddle bags, slipper clutch, Remus exhaust, and other tid-bits, but that's the highlights.
My long term plan is to acquire an lower mileage 07-08 after my Tiger 1050 sells, swap the goodies to that bike, the stock bits to the 2005 and sell the 05 to get a large part of my money back. My only real hesitation on this 05 is the dreaded servo ABS brake failures. I/m confident if it fails I can bypass the system with a little tinkering and be okay, in a perfect world though, I hope to have an 08 tri-color long before then.

I hope this forum is able to provide me with the resources and community to make my tenure as a BMW rider an enjoyable experience.

-PRB

2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 (for sale)
1999 Honda VFR800 project bike
2013 Honda CB500F(Trading for K bike)
2005 K1200S (picking up in a couple weeks)
2007 BMW 328i Sport 6MT
Previous: '98 VFR800, '94 Voyager 1200, '96 Shadow 1100 ACE,'94 Magna 750,'85 Nighthawk 450.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2016, 2:09 pm

Congrats on the K12. It appears to be nicely farkled alright and I like you analogy about GS riders. Geeez, those guys are the worst when it comes to adding little toys to the big toy.

Regards,
Randy
'02 RT nacht black
'05 Ducati ST3 black
'06 K12S bumble bee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode