Shaka.. When the Walls Fell.... Robbed Today - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 8:38 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Unhappy Shaka.. When the Walls Fell.... Robbed Today

Got up early and drove down and picked up my bike at Randy Massey's place in Atlanta. He had towed it back from Kerrville.. Got there, loaded her up and decided to stop in Greenville on the way back to Asheville to let the dealer (Greenville Sport Touring BMW) install the new software upgrade in my K1200S...I parked right in front of the shop directly opposite their front door which is full wall of glass overlooking the street. The upgrade took about an hour.

When I came out to load the bike into the trailer I noticed that my Ford Explorer AND my trailer (with a Baxley chock installed) AND almost every piece of riding gear I owned was STOLEN!... 2 Vanson jackets, Vanson pants, A Kilimanjaro jacket, a NEW HJC Symax helmet still in the box, my high-end bike cover, AlpineStar boots and Gloves, Moto GP Road Racing Gloves (which were in the back of the truck from last weeks rally) My beloved Valentine One was up front.. I had to ride the bike home in loner gear...

What's really bad is that the parking lot had a dozen people out there standing around talking.. and every one of them including the store employees saw it slowly back out and pull away into heavy traffic.. They thought I was leaving.. Not one got a look at the thief. Doh!! While my Explorer was fully insured Amber just informed me that we never did insure the trailer.. Doh!!... While the graphics are still on the trailer (pic below) I'm sure somebody will notice it... I just hope its a cop.

In case anyone is curious... I did NOT leave my keys in the ignition, but there was an extra in the center console...No idea if they used it or not..

I'm sick!! ... Ain't dat some s#@*??

The good news is.. the bike seems to run ever so slightly better and the dealer felt so bad that he gave me a hat. WooHoo!! The manager told me that in all the years of biz nothing had ever been stolen from their parking lot and that virtually every employee leaves their keys in their cars or bikes just in case somebody needs to move something... Geezz.. Looks like I'm gonna be forced to bail on the BRPR.. Damn!

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 9:02 pm

Hi Jerry:

Sorry to hear about the theft. I hope you can recover the truck and trailer and they nail the SOB.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 9:06 pm
Enthusiast

Damn,hate to hear that happened to you.I've been to that shop,very busy street,somebody has got some nerve.That trailer would be easy to spot,hope you get everything back,good luck.

Enjoying The Ride. Eddie Layton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 9:10 pm

That is aweful. Likewise, hope you can recover it.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 9:27 pm

I say we go out countrywide on our bikes until we find the schmuck, and then make the bastard walk the plank..... I'll leave in the morning and cover Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, and Michigan......
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 9:41 pm
Enthusiast

Angry

Got my eyes peeled out thisaway. The bastard! Hope they nail 'em soon.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 10:21 pm
Addict

Thumbs down

Parasitic bastards eh!
God I hate thieves. I've no idea what your vehicle is Jerry, but they probably saw what was written on the trailor. I fully believe in taking a hand off these mongrels.
Hope the insurance helps get over the loss mate.

Best wishes from Oz.

Ken.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:09 am
Noob

That is really lousy, and I'm very sorry that happened to you here in Greenville. I'm around Touring Sport a good bit, and it is not unusual at all to see bikes on the lot (especially used bikes) with the key in the switch.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:46 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
What's really bad is that the parking lot had a dozen people out there standing around talking.. and every one of them including the store employees saw it slowly back out and pull away into heavy traffic..

[...]

Not one got a look at the thief.
Are you serious???

I dunno, it seems inconceivable that people who probably know who you are wouldn't notice that someone who was not you was driving away with your stuff.

Bummer.

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 5:04 am

Big balls. You have stuff, people want to take it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode