Quick Intro and Question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 1:43 am Thread Starter

Quick Intro and Question

Hello. New to the board...

I just sold a Hayabusa, I'm still selling a VTX1800R...and I'm already shopping for a Beemer. I've got it narrowed down to K1200S, K1200R, and R1200GSA--a weird mix, I know. This site has yielded a pile of good information. So, "Thanks" right off the top.

I'm going to be out of the country for most of the summer, so I'm probably going to buy a late model '06 or a new '07 in the Spring. Since I live in AZ, i can ride year round--which is great.

When does BMW release the models and/or the color schemes for their new bikes each year? Most of the Japanese manufacturers let all this info hit the street around September. Is it the same for BMW? I ask because Sept is the earliest that I can buy a bike this year, and if the new schemes/bikes are released shortly thereafter I may wait and miss the AZ riding season in anticipation of something I like better than the '06 offerings.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 8:17 am

Alex, I think you should go ahead w/ your purchase now. You could store it at my house and I'll even ride it for you once in awhile
I ran into a guy @ Iron Horse the other day in about the same posistion. Are you in the Air Force, a Captain maybe?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 8:46 am Thread Starter

That was me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 9:09 am

Small world. First, thx for your service.
I wouldn't expect that BMW would change colors much from year to year. Probably best to wait on the GSA, it's going to be tough to get one for awhile. The one IH got was sold long before it arrived. By the time you're ready they should be in the pipeline. S and R models should be no problem. FWIW, the gang @ IH are the best bunch of guys, and will do everything they can to help you.
Be safe over there this summer, and again THANK YOU!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 9:36 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the kind words. Yep, the guys at IH are pretty cool. Now if I could only make up my mind on what to get. I'm planning on test riding them all.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 9:53 am
Addict

I second the thanks for serving our country. We really appreciate all you do. Enjoy your test rides!

Deb and Dean Sauer
Golden, CO

The cure for boredom is riding motorcycles, and there is no cure for riding motorcycles...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2006, 7:53 pm Thread Starter

Thanks DebS!

Do the BMW paint schemes change at all from year to year? I'm fairly new to Beemer bikes and really never paid attention to BMW's offerings from year to year. I don't really like any of the paint schemes on the KR this year and my favorite KS scheme is the blue and white--too many people in town are already rolling around on the yellow/gray/black version.

The powercup schemes look really good...are they allegedly coming out next year? I've got this thing for white rims.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2006, 3:40 am
Enthusiast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmr
Alex, I think you should go ahead w/ your purchase now. You could store it at my house and I'll even ride it for you once in awhile
I ran into a guy @ Iron Horse the other day in about the same posistion. Are you in the Air Force, a Captain maybe?

Hey, I second Timmr...but I think you should get all three. I will do you the favor of storing the S as I will have room next to my KGT. Hell, I even like the blue and white, too! Good luck to you and thanks for what you're doing. Cheers.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 6:55 pm

Make sure you look long and hard at the GS Adventure,, It does everything very good.....Welcome aboard...........Regards Pete
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 8:20 pm
Statmaster

Welcome, Alex.

I hear mixed things about the HP-3, HP-1, and HP-4 bikes.

Go to http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/news.html and search on HP3 and you'll find a rumor tidbit.

The HP1 is supposed to be the super motard version of the F650

HP3 I think is the Powercup

and HP4 is the version of the K1200S with the Powercup paint scheme

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode