What Would You Get Next? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 11:25 pm Thread Starter

What Would You Get Next?

Some may have read my thread in the other K Bike section about my accident and getting back to riding. Been going better lately, riding just about every day. Have a track day set up with the local BMW club in June. I like my 1988 K75s, but am always looking at newer bikes. I have never driven a R bike. The K's have a lot more hp than my K75(not sure if I need 130hp). What would have similar riding position, be made in last 7 years(looking for used, not new), made by BMW, and have ABS, that you would recommend. Thinking about buying something next spring after I have a year on this bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 11:37 pm

Next Bike?

Gary,

Everyone needs 130 HP, come on!

Seriously, having gone from a K100 to a K12GT I know the additional power is not an issue. It does have a throttle, you know.

Next, coming off a K75, a smooth bike, you might fine the R a bit...ummm....different. Before getting my GT I spent some time on the R-RT which I really wanted to like. I loved its riding position and handling but missed my K engine.

You need to spend some time on both K and R bikes to see what really fits your needs and wants. The K12 is a big and heavy bike but oh-so-smooth. The R bike has this funny shake and mild engine (compared to the Big K) but is very sweet to ride and easy to handle.

I love them both but I just can't give up that Big K Kick in the ass.

Good luck, nothing like getting a "new" bike.

John
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 6:11 am

That new BMW supersport that may come out. If it does I will be first in line
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 6:25 am
Statmaster

I'm in the process of transitioning to the new K1200GT from a K1200LT. I hate to say it, but I doubt I will ever get back on the LT, other than to ride it to the dealer to put it up for sale. Any of the new K-series bikes are great, but make sure you pick one that fits you. While I love the K1200S, the ergos were bad for me. I like the K1200R, but I like more protection from the wind. So the new K1200GT is the best balance between all the different K-series motorcycles.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 11:08 am Thread Starter

Maybe I should put a cost restriction on this suggestion. Looking used, $6-10,000. I have seen quite a few nice 1999-2003 in that price range. Would the previous generation GT fit this, or the RS?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode